twenty-two ఌ

Sam accompanied us again to the hotel lounge, from which we found our room ourselves. I let me fall into the soft double bed and only recognized after, how tired I really was. Ayla, who disappeared first to the bathroom came back after a few minutes and literally threw herself on me. „Already tired?" , she asked, as if she expected the opposite. „Uhm, Yes?!" It was difficult for me to keep my head raised to give her this answer. But after that I gave in again and let him sink into my blanket. „How can you always be so energetic?!" I moaned without understanding against the material. Ayla probably hadn't heard that at all, my voice sounded so muted.

„Hm, the question is: How can could always be so tired?" The blonde replied with a laugh and pliablely covered herself with her blanket. Unfortunately, this is what depression has in itself. I thought so for myself and a depressing feeling spread in my chest. When was the last time I was in such a good mood as Ayla can be every day? I'm not jealous, no. It's just... why can't I also be a carefree young woman? A woman who finds her young love. A woman who sits around the campfire with her friends and grills marshmallows in the evening. A woman who doesn't wake up in the morning and wishes to did not. It's so frustrating and murdering at the same time.

After we arrived at the trackside the next morning around 11 a.m., we had only been able to meet with Charles fleetingly, as he had to go to a spontaneous team meeting. But this didn't take very long, which is why he only came back after an hour. We had spent most of the next hours together. Around 2p.m. however, he disappeared with Sam, as the Grand Prix starts at 3 p.m. and there were still a lot of preparations to be done until then.

Meanwhile, Ayla and I set out to secure our place in the paddock, from which we had a good view of the racetrack. The stands for the spectators opposite us filled up more and more and the noise level felt doubled with every passing minute. The excitement increased in me.
Formula 1. Grand Prix. Charles. Two weeks ago I never expected that these things are going to play a role in my life. I have done a lot in my life in the past, but this is very different from everything I have experienced so far. It's an adventure and above all it finally makes me really happy again. Charles, makes me happy.

A shrill squeaking from next to me startled me. "Holy straw bag, what drove into you so you scream?!" I asked Ayla still shocked and scared. She hardly took notice of me and just kept staring at her cell phone laughing. "Ayla? What is it?"

„You still know Tobi, I told you about?," I rolled my eyes inside. "The one with who you were in a relationship in primary school for two days and then you got married by chance? Wait, do you still have the plastic ring he gave you back then?" I joked when I remembered that time. Ayla had told me completely excitedly at the time that she was married. But a certain Tobi moved with his parents after a few months and the contact was finally broken off. It didn't bother Ayla any further, she at least always claimed. Internally, I always suspected that she missed him, even if only a little.

Ayla looked at me with an are-you-honest- gaze but she had to laugh when I wobbled my eyebrows. „You are stupid.", She complained embarrassed and took a look at her cell phone again. "I know. But tell me, what about the lovely man?" I asked relaxed further and pushed the past aside.

„He sent me a request on Instagram. Do you think he was looking for me on purpose?" Ayla asked and bit her lower lip. "Yes, I think so. How else would he find you? Maybe he remembered that he still has a wife. Did you ever break up?" I had to grin again. With the topic, I was able to annoy Ayla until she overcooked. She just shook her head, shrug her shoulders and put her cell phone away.

„What? Don't you accept him?" , I asked confused. „No why should I? He is past." She shrugged her shoulders and leaned back in her chair. „Uh, Ayla Taylor, are you real?" , he asked joking and bent forward to examine her more closely. She gave me a slap on the head laughing but annoyed and closed her eyes. "I am 100% real."

Shortly before 3p.m. I recognized the 20 cars as they went to their places on start and finish. First they drove the formation lap to get the tires warm and then placed themselves back in their positions. Charles, who stayed in third place, had to wait until the last driver had arrived at his place. I wondered what was going on in his head now or if there was anything real in it at all.

The traffic light switched one light after the other to red and then came the moment we had all been waiting for. They went out. The engines of the cars howled and they started moving at full speed. Everyone pushed themselves through the next corner and I was surprised that no accident happened in such a hustle and bustle. Then the cars were out of sight, which is why we had to look at the screen that broadcasts the race live.

Charles had fought his way to second place and drove past the paddock on the second lap at over 200km/h. I felt pride and respect. Not everyone can get off to a good start.

Throughout the entire race, there was no round in which I did not fully concentrate on Charles and kept my fingers crossed for him. I hid everything around me, even Ayla and I hardly spoke a word to each other. My heart beat to my neck whenever something exciting happened. When the last lap started and it was actually clear that Charles will finish in 3rd place, Ayla and I went down into the box. I wanted to receive Charles immediately and congratulate him.

The engineers and mechanics ran to the meter-high fence at the command stands and cheered against Charles as he raced across the finish line. I laughed with joy and fell into Ayla's arms. „Wow!" I screamed in sync with her and couldn't control the corners of my mouth anymore. I hadn't smiled that wide for a long time. Hot blood pumped through my heart and distributed heat throughout my body. Seeing Charles right on the podium made me unspeakably proud.

It passed approx. 10 minutes until Charles came out of the Cool Down Room and went directly onto the podium from there. The crowd cheered and I saw Charles let his gaze wander through the crowd. When our eyes met, he began to smile. I smiled back, flooded with the positive feelings in my body. I, who stood with Ayla in the middle of all the Ferrari employees, was almost trumped by all the men. Unfortunately, I am a little smaller than all of them.

Sebastian Vettel in second place and Lewis Hamilton in first place also entered the podium immediately afterwards and waved to the fans and their teams. First Charles was presented with his cup and then to the other drivers. Everyone was silent when the British anthem sounded and the above guys took their caps off their head out of respect. As soon as the music was extinguished, they grabbed the champagne bottles and opened the party. While they splashed each other again and again, they also allowed themselves to pour the fun on their teams. I tasted the bubbly alcohol on my lips and felt an old feeling. I haven't drunk champagne for a very long time. Most recently at my graduation ceremony two years ago. Wow, when did so much time pass?