forty-one ఌ

Now I was sitting alone on my couch, Elmo was sleeping next to me. I was just staring straight at the wall. The darkness had spread in me, which wanted to swallow me again, like a few months ago.

Charles had left a few minutes ago. I wanted him to leave. My heart was broken when he begged me to talk, but my voice had blocked. I wanted, no, I couldn't tell him that my uncle called. He didn't even know that he broke me like that as a child. Accordingly, he could not understand how ready this event made me now.

A few days later
My stomach grumbling caught my attention when I stared out of the window, lost in thought. The British, typically lined up houses, passed us like a movie. I was glad that it was only Sam who sat next to me in the driver's seat and headed for the racetrack. Right now I wasn't in the mood to have conversations or anything like that. Even my stomach had already contacted me, as I hadn't taken a crumb since noon yesterday. Sam looked silently at the street and sometimes looked at me skeptically from the side. Internally, I only hoped that he would shut up and not tell Charles about this trip.

Arriving in Silverstone, Sam parked the SUV right next to the paddock entrance and I reached for my handbag in the footwell. "Is everything okay?" I suddenly heard Charles' manager ask before he opened his door. He looked at me worried. I put on a playful smile and pretended to laugh. „Yes, of course, just slept badly." I heard myself how stupid I sounded, but that was still better than the truth. Sam nodded slowly, but said nothing more. He handed me the ticket to the paddock and locked his car after I slammed the door. I was received by roaring screams from the curious fans who stood in front of the entrance behind the barrier. But the blood in my veins frole when I understood the words they called.

„Stay away from the champion of the season, you little freak!" shouted a teenager with a Ferrari cap on his head.

„You ugly!" a girl about my age looked at me hatefully. Completely indignant, I turned my gaze away and tried to hide all the voices of the angry people. I put on the hood of my sweater and cramped all my muscles. My heart was racing like crazy and my fingers began to tremble. Trembling fear and anxiety flooded my body. I ran as fast as I could after Sam, who turned around to me briefly confused. I pretended that I wasn't interested in the sudden hatred of me and forced me to grin. I saw Sam angrily shaking his head, but he shut his mouth.

I was happy when I reached the entrance lock and left the people and hate cries behind me. At least externally, inside me they pursued me for miles further.

In Ferrari's motorhome, I immediately met Charles, who came from a driver press conference. He pressed a kiss on my mouth and looked at me researching. "How are you?" he asked, stroking my cheek with one finger. I had to smile when I looked into his beautiful, green eyes, which always give me a piece of peace. „Everything is fine so far. How has your day been so far?" I asked a counter-question and followed him into his room. Sam had now disappeared in another direction. „At the 3rd free practice, we had mediocre times. We just hope that it won't rain later in qualifying," he sighed hopefully. After he closed the door behind us, he went to his closet and pulled out his racing suit. „You know you can talk to me," he said seriously as he stood with his back to me and slipped into the suit. „I know," I said meekly.

Ma Chérie.", He turned to me, „I love you okay?" he carefully took my face in his hands and just looked me in the eyes. I looked at him exactly as he looked into my soul and at the same time I was afraid that he could see the tsunami inside me. „I love you too.", I murmured against his lips as he pulled me to him.

The numbers on my display made hours fall together and soon it was time for qualifying. I had already looked for my place over the garages and dealt with my mobile phone. My thoughts still cursed around the incident in front of the paddock, which drove me to google my name. I wanted to know how people suddenly knew that I was the unknown new one at Charles' side. I was faced by a few articles in which there were pictures that showed me either in the paddock, in the parking lot or in the garage. I swallowed hard when I read the reports.

» The new face in the paddock has already turned the fans into detectives last race weekend. Especially the fans of the Monegasque Charles Leclerc became aware, as he was seen in some paparazzi photos with the new one. Fans made wild rumors on social media, such as that this was the Ferrari driver's new girlfriend. Now some people have found out the name of the unknown. It is Célina Laurance, who also lives in Monaco. Fans have different opinions about her. Many seem to be jealous and spread their anger all over the Internet, a few look up to her. «

The article, which was only one of countless, made me doubt. Doubts about my appearance here, my relationship with Charles and that I had met this dangerously charming Monegasque at all. Now I was the one who spent time with him, although his fans mostly think badly about me. Does that bother him? Does he sometimes lie in bed in the evening and wishes to have not me, but a much more loved one girl by his side? My chest suddenly felt like there was a heavy stone in it. If I had known that his people wouldn't like me, I would have fled when we saw each other again at work. Maybe my uncle was right.

You're a useless. A loser.

His words sounded like a biting echo in my ears and my whole body and cut through my skin like a knife. And I believed him the more often the sentence repeated in my head.

When I heard some drivers driving onto the racetrack and their presence made the fans cheer, I shook my head as if the thoughts were falling off me.