fifty-eight ఌ

When the last garland hung, I jumped off the chair and looked at the result. I made two of them myself. In the center of the triangles I glued the Ferrari logo, the background of course red. All the other garlands were alternating in red and white with the inscription "Happy Birthday".
"Looks great," I heard Arthur behind me in amazement and drove around to him. He stepped next to me and nodded appreciatively. I smiled but turned away the next moment. I ran to the pile of stuff we still wanted to attach. "Will you help me?" I asked, picking up the canvas. "Of course.", full of zest for action, he helped to carry them to the designated place. I pulled the chair from just now towards me while the young adult grabbed a stool. We hung the canvas on the steel posts, at the end Arthur turned the screws shut because he is taller than me. Satisfied, we examined our work. Later, various shots of Charles were to be projected onto the screen by the recorder, which Sam will bring over.
When the doorbell rang, I hopped to the front gate of the grounds and grinned happily at Marlow. He waved and gave me a half-hug. "Well, how are you?" I asked him. "Everything fine. And you?" he beamed at me in a good mood. "Same. Then let's go. Let me carry something for you.", I reached for one of the two boxes he balanced on his arms. He thanked me and then followed me through the garden to the house. Charles' family owns it. Last week, Arthur had contacted me and suggested that we have a party for Charles here. Of course, he didn't know anything about it, it was supposed to be a surprise. He thinks we're going to dinner with his family tonight, but Pierre and Lando, who are currently traveling with him, will take him here later and not to some restaurant. Logically, the two of them also know about it, only Charles is the not knowing person in this plan.
Marlow and I set up the buffet in the large dining room, and soon Arthur joined us and took care of the plates and glasses. I was infinitely grateful to my colleague for taking care of the food. When I informed him of the invitation for him last week, he immediately agreed to prepare a 5-star meal for all guests.
Shortly before 4 o'clock in the afternoon, the promised Biemer and Sam arrived at our place. Arthur and Sam took care of the technology while I showed Marlow the house. From the spacious dining room with the gray and white marble floor, a hallway led us to an activity room, in which there was a pool table, a foosball table and dumbbells. Right next to this room there was a huge bathroom. Here, too, the floor shone grey white. The wall was also made of light marble. Throughout the bathroom, gold and silver accents adorned the fixture, adding a modern touch. From the bathroom, the hallway led straight ahead to a tiled spiral staircase. The black railing slipped under my hand as we climbed upstairs. On this floor there were bedrooms, another bathroom and a living room. In the garden, I showed the Brit the minibar, the pool and the various seating areas, such as the dark brown wooden swing. There were a few brown leaves floating in the pool that had fallen from the trees. However, there would be no more weather to go swimming either way. So, it didn't matter. By the way, there was also a foosball table here in the garden. I don't know why you need two on one site. The large area was surrounded by high hedges and behind them a stone wall. Probably we would have without privacy as well, as the house was located on some kind of mountain. For example, from the living room on the upper floor, you have a wide view of the cities and the sea.

The time until 6 p.m. we passed the time with the last preparations for the party and the welcome of guests. I also embraced Pascale, as well as friends of Charles or relatives I didn't know yet. Just before six, I received a message from Lando that they would arrive in two minutes. I rounded up all the people. We hid in the dining room behind the cooking island or under the table. Then it was time to be quiet and hope that everything would go smoothly. I listened to the male voices that soon appeared. I heard Charles ask what they were doing here. Pierre claimed that all they had to do was pick up Arthur here. Shortly after, the three entered the room and everyone jumped out of their hiding places. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" we shrieked in chorus. Charles's face derailed, but in a positive way. He was beaming from ear to ear. The surprise was a success. On quick soles I stepped up to the birthday boy and pulled him into a heartfelt embrace. He hugged me tightly and whispered overjoyed. "That wouldn't have been necessary," you could clearly hear how happy that made him. "Thank you," I pushed him away from me and nodded to Arthur. "Don't thank me. Arthur suggested that.", Grinning, the addressee came up to us and Charles also took him in his arms, patting him brotherly on the back. "Hey guys, I'm eternally grateful to everyone involved. Let's set this hut on fire today!", that was the starting whistle for the party. Everyone rushed to the buffet and grabbed drinks. However, I approached Lando and Pierre, who embraced me amicably. We exchanged a few words as Charles made his way to his mom's. Understandably, he also wanted to thank her personally.
„Did he suspect anything?", I asked the two Formula 1 drivers. "Not a bit, I think he swallowed every one of our claims. In the end, he was maybe a bit annoyed by the fact that we dragged him everywhere," Lando laughed amused. I got on board. "I think he'd rather spend time with you than with us," Pierre guessed sadly. "Yes Célina, you really are everything to him. He raves about you in a tour. He really cares about you," I lowered my eyes in embarrassment, but I couldn't help but smile with emotion. Hearing such words was not what I expected.
„Hey guys, are you coming out with me?" Sam nodded invitingly in the direction of the garden. I looked around, Charles seemed to be outside as well. At least he wasn't in here anymore. "Yep," Lando answered, dragging me and Pierre with him without a second thought. A few people had made themselves comfortable around the pool or on the garden chairs. We, on the other hand, walked to the minibar. Charles was also standing there, talking to a friend. Lando handed me a lemonade from behind the counter and took one himself. Pierre next to me, however, asked his buddy for a Coke. I nodded gratefully to the Brit before he sat down next to me on a bar stool and sipped his drink. He clapped his hands triumphantly when Charles joined us a few minutes later with a soda as well. Pierre next to me even moved from his seat so that Charles could sit next to me. "What do you think?" I asked my friend with a smile. He put an arm around me and gave me a tender kiss on the forehead. "It's perfect. It couldn't be better."
A while later, Sam joined us and we laughed until darkness slowly turned over us. The golden fairy lights above the minibar shone warm light down on us. Most people no longer drank exclusively beers and sparkling wine. Also in my hands, as well as in the people sitting next to me, there was a cocktail. Music sounded from the speakers, which were set up in various places in the garden and in the house.
"Don't we want to watch the movie now?" Arthur suggested as he made his way to us with a Cuba Libre . "Good idea," I jumped out of my chair, the others followed, with Charles looking at me irritated. "What movie?", I started grinning. "You'll see that in a moment." I took him by the hand, and set out with the others to the spacious room where Arthur and I had just placed the canvas. Other guests also looked for their place on the chairs and whispered excitedly. Sam turned off the light and suddenly it became very quiet. Charles grabbed my hand as the movie began. I squeezed her tightly. The first scene was Charles as a child, when he sat in a karting car for the first time. The guests all laughed when it was shown how the Monegasque raced uninhibitedly across the pitch. Afterwards, Charles was shown to have smeared his whole mouth while eating ice cream as a young guy. Pascale could be heard laughing in the background, probably she had recorded the video at the time. The next moment, Charles's father stepped into the lens with a cloth to wipe his son's mouth. I glanced unobtrusively at Charles next to me as I felt the pressure around my hand tighten. There was a tear in his eyes, but I could see his smile in the dim light. I snuggled up to his chest, his arm wrapped around me. I could tell how hard it was for him, but at the same time he was happy about the video. The next scenes consisted of Formula 2 and Formula 1 races, experiences with his family and even videos of him and me. At the end, the crowd clapped and someone started spraying confetti from behind. When I turned around, I saw that it was Lando and Pierre. I hadn't even noticed that they had stood up during the film. The jubilation over him - or maybe it was because of the emotional film - brought tears to Charles' eyes. I gently pulled him into my arms and stroked his back. A little later I felt that Lando, Pierre, Sam, Arthur and other people also wrapped their arms around us, so that a huge cluster was created. "It's all for you," I whispered in Charles' ears. He kissed my lips passionately and couldn't stop beaming for a second.
It was shortly after midnight when I found Charles and myself quietly rocking in the garden. Except for Lando and Pierre, everyone had already left. They were busy trying their hand at the foosball table in the garden. Her laughter did not escape me at all. They definitely had a drink or two.

My head was tired on Charles' arm, so I wouldn't be surprised if he fell asleep long ago. In my head, I reviewed the whole day. It felt good to be alone with Charles and to end the evening together. But I couldn't get the words of Lando and Pierre out of my head. Not least because I don't know how to play such a big role in someone else's life. I like to cut back, put other people's problems before mine and stay in my comfort zone. Although I wasn't sure if my comfort zone could really be called a comfort zone. After all, you should feel comfortable there. But do I? If I'm honest, that hasn't been the case since my uncle called. I don't have a place to hide anymore. There is not even peace in the depths of my being. I would like to get well again, but I don't have the weapons against the demons within me. My pills in the form of antidepressants ran out two days ago, but I can't get any new ones. I would need an up-to-date recipe for that, but I don't have it. From now on, it's time to fight, but if I'm honest, I don't have any strength left. It's only a matter of time before I break it.