twenty-seven ఌ

Charles and I made ourselves comfortable on the balcony from which we could see the sea. It slowly spilled to the beach and looked like a distorted mirror.

For a while, none of us said anything. It was enough to hear each other's breath.

Unexpectedly, Charles took my chair and pulled it up to him. I was only confused, but when he smiled, I relaxed. "This way we can have a better conversation." I nodded in agreement and looked into his deep green eyes. Never in my life have I seen such bright green eyes as with him. They seemed like green gemstones shining between his eyelashes.

„What is your biggest fear?" After a few seconds of silence, Charles asked me a question I didn't expect. And she reached much deeper into my walled interior than he could ever imagine.

"That I hurt someone with things I do or say. I couldn't stand that," surprised by myself, I stared briefly at my fingers, which I now knotted into each other. Nobody knows about this fear, not even Ayla. But something in me made me feel that this secret would be safe with Charles. That he takes care of it, like a lion on his territory.

I slowly looked up again. Charles' facial expressions now had something understanding in him and for a moment he put his hand on my back and stroked him. It was good not to be judged because I confessed my greatest and most painful anxiety to him. So far, I have always been afraid of telling someone about it. I didn't want anyone to know how to make me weak. How to hit the point in me that has been sore for years and doesn't seem like it could ever heal. „What is your biggest fear?", now I asked because I was really interested.
„Losing someone else.", his answer hit deep because I suddenly saw something vilerable in his eyes, which I have never seen in him before. He turned his gaze away towards the sea. It hurt to see him so vulnerable. He has actually always been the one who seemed strong and helped others. Now I realized that every person seems okay until you have a deeper conversation with them.
Now I was the one who stretched out her hand. I put her on his, which he had lying on the table and pressed her tight. He first looked at our hands lying together, then at me, directly into my eyes. For the fraction of an eternity, time stopped. My fingers began to tingle under the tension between us. Very slowly Charles' face came closer and was then only millimeters away from mine. I already felt his breath on my lips and saw a smile on them. My heart was pounding unbelievably faster and I got unspeakably hot. It didn't take long, when I felt the delicate feeling of his lips on mine. My heart beat so fast that I was afraid he could hear it. Every inch of my body twitched and tingled. But it felt good. His lips moving on mine. So carefully but nevertheless full with passion. And it was more than just a simple, first kiss which I wanted to catch and feel over and over again. We had both allowed each other access to our most vulnerable place and sealed our trust in each other with the kiss. He meant much more than just the sign of love. Above all, he showed that we take care of each other and that the secret of our fears is safe with each other.

When we separated from each other, I looked into his eyes, he into mine. Not like usual, when I revealed something of myself to someone, I felt fear, because Charles proved the opposite to me. He taught me - without knowing it himself - not to have to see all people as an enemy.

„Wow!", it came over his lips and I turned away with an embarrassed laughter. My heart still beat until my neck and somehow I wanted more. More of the kiss, more from his passion and more from everything we had.
„Célina Laurance, I think I fell in love with you.", I looked up. It wasn't more than a whisper but nevertheless it sounded honestly. Did he mean that seriously? He fell in love with me?

No, Célina, he doesn't love you. If you let him in your heart, he will hurt you. Or you him.

I was mad about my inner voice. But now I was strong enough to push her away. I turned off my head and let my heart speak. „I think me too.", now it was out. At last I could tell him
about what I feel for him. And it was more honest than anything else. Charles began to smile and shortly afterwards he lay an arm around my shoulders. I let my head sink on his chest which alternately lifted and sank. His hand drove circles over my arm while the other stroked my hand. The moment was perfekt. Almost too beautiful to be real. The slowly dawning sun over the sea, we together on his balcony, after our first kiss...

„How did you actually mean that earlier when you said you don't want to lose anyone else?", I asked at some point and raised my head so that I could look him in the eyes, but he turned his gaze away. The topic seemed to burden him.
„My dad...he...", he cut himself and swallowed hardly, „...he died two years ago.", now he looked at me. I saw pain in his eyes. Deep pain and something else. But I didn't know what it was. Maybe there was no definition which would be comparable with that.
I lay my head again down on his chest but instead of holding his hand, I now hugged him very tightly and closed every gap between us.„I am here and I hold you." , I whispered. „You are not alone and you can always talk with me.", my voice sounds warm but either I knew that I say something to him, what I cannot even promise myself. Maybe an irony of fate?

„No, I hold YOU. That is the point. I care about YOU.", confused I looked up and firstly didn't understand how he meant that. That is the point. Why? Thinking I lay my head on his chest again but still pondered about it for a while.