thirty-six ఌ

Cool wind blew towards me when I got off the plane closely followed by Charles on Thursday afternoon. I straightened my hoodie on my neck and stretched myself to release the tension from the flight. The two of us picked up our suitcases in the airport building and moved with them in tow to the exit. In the parking lot, Sam was waiting for us with his black BMW and helped us store our luggage. Charles sat down in the passenger seat while I slipped into the back seat. Sam drove us to a hotel in Sachendorf, which was 5 minutes from the racetrack in Spielberg. Sam has booked his own room there and one for Charles and me together.

When I arrived, I took a look at the mountainous and green landscape, in the center of which the hotel was located. On the trip, I already caught the eye of the green forests and meadows, which I don't know from Monaco, but reminded me a little of Canada.

Past the reception, we looked for our room number. We took the elevator to the third floor, where Sam's room was five doors away from ours. When we opened the room with the hotel card, the air stayed away from me, as in Canada. A suite. Scared, I turned to my companion. "This one," I pointed with a finger into the four walls,„is fabulous. But because of me, you or Sam don't have to book a suite," Charles began to grin and stepped so close to me that our nose tips almost kissed. "But I want a suite, especially if I can sleep with you in it," he washed one hand through my hair, but fortunately he didn't do much damage. I still pushed him into the room shaking his head and laughed. "Joker." I titled him, parked my luggage and closed the door behind me.

With my cup in my hand, I looked at individual team members who strolled along the alley. They carried car parts around with them, had bags with them or chatted with other people. The afternoon sun was covered by some clouds that looked like it would start raining in the next 15 minutes.

„Hey Célina!", I let my eyes wander to the direction from which the male voice came. I smiled when I saw that Lando was waving towards me. Before he came up the porch, he looked around and then clapped me off. "Are you afraid, or what?" I joked as he sat down next to me on the bench. "They would actually have no right to deny me from entering here anyway," Lando threw in proudly, but even I knew that the racing team was capable of a lot, among that thing.

„How are you?", He asked after he had made himself comfortable. "Good. And you?" I replied. "Also. Do you know where Charles is? I wanted to ask him something." I nodded. "He's in a meeting right now," I glanced at my watch, "But that should be finished right away," Lando nodded understandingly and got up from his seat. "When he comes, can you please tell him to get in touch with me?" he tapped on his cell phone. „Yeah for sure. I'll tell him that," I nodded and smiled as a goodbye. "Thank you." Lando patted me on the shoulder as I passed by and added a "So see you then Sally." I nodded and waved to him.

While Lando ran away, I watched the hustle and bustle in the paddock, which literally swallowed him. Soon I no longer recognized him between all the strategists, mechanics and driving and therefore turned my gaze to my mobile phone. Because I scrolled through numerous Instagram posts, I didn't notice someone sneaking up behind me and then scared so much that the rectangular part almost fell out of my hand.„Wow!" I shouted scared and drove around. Charles, accompanied by Sam, stepped around me and held his stomach with laughter. "Haha, very funny," I grumbled sarcastically and twisted my face. Why do I have to always be so scary?

„I think it's funny," Charles grinned, which I commented with a shake of my head. In the next moment, the Monegasque bent down to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. My heart got warm. Not having to hide it felt good.

"By the way, Lando wanted something from you. You should get in touch with him," I remembered and passed on the information to my counterpart. He wrinkled his forehead in astonished. "Lando? What does he want?!"