fifty-three ఌ

The flight back home was more painful than I had imagined it the evening before. The green and with water covered landslides in whose center Tromso was localised, passed away under us and were soon nothing more than a memory. I found pace. In this little city, which was like a balm for my wounds within two weeks.  Just like Charles also did until I have seen the same pain in his eyes, thatI feel every day. 
It was afternoon when our airplane landed under french sun. Slighly tired we headed to the entrance of the airport. I lifted my eyebrows in surprise when we didn't walk to the parcing lot, where we had left Charles' car two weeks ago. „Isn't your car over there?" I noticed in confusion, but Charles just grinned and kept his way. „Charles!", I shouted more vigourously and made up to him with fast steps. „A friend picked up my car after we had  left two weeks ago. Someone else will drive us home now...", I frowned while I followed him and broke my head about what he could mean with "someone else". My question got answered, when I heard a call from right. „Charlie!", i looked to the direction from where I recognized her and swallowed. „Mom.", Charles took me by the hand and headed to Pascale. Fuck.
He let me go in front of his mother and hugged her hearty. Then he put an arm around me with a smile. „You already know each other."
„Célina, how nice to meet you.", the blonde woman made a step to me and pulled me in her arms. „I always knew that you to are meant for each other." , she said with a wink in Charles' direction. Embarassed I looked to the ground.
„Yeah, sure...", Charles murmured, twisted his eyes and laughed. "From where could you have known that?"
„Célina is simply beautiful and your charm matches perfect with her.", she looked to me and him alternately. Could that become more uncomfortable?
„Well, however. Let's drive home.", Charles went to the trunk from the car behind his mother and opned it. After our luggage was stowed away and we took place on the seats, his mother started the engine. Thirty mintutes and thankfully relaxed talks later, the middle-aged woman left us in front of Charles' appartment. She waved with a warm smile as a goodbye.
„Was that a tip to me that you finally want to meet my parents as my boyfriend?", I asked Charles with a grin, when I left my luggage in the hallway and headed to the kitchen.
„No, don't worry. Only when you want it.", the Monegasque replied and followed me.
„Be honest. Since when does she know it?", I turned around and looked at his thinking face. „For one month." I was caught completely by surprise. „FOR ONE MONTH?",I let myself sink on the couch and sighed highly exaggerated. "And mine don't even know why I started to watch Formula 1..."
Charles seated next to me and pulled me to him. He grinned. "It's not that bad. My mom loves you." Amazed, I looked up at him and frowned. „Really? Even though I'm her good friend's daughter?" Charles nodded violently.
„However", He got up, „I have to unpack now and then repack, because I will be in Maranello for five days from tomorrow." I sighed listlessly. „I know." Especially now, after we have spent two weeks together, I don't really want to have to miss him again.

It was late when I was driven home by Charles in the evening and unlocked the door to the house. The staircase was pitch dark. I was looking for the light switch next to the door frame, but even though I pressed it, it was nothing more than a one-time flicker, which lit up briefly, but then immediately went out again. „Well, thank you too," I moaned annoyed and lifted my suitcase up the stairs behind me. Suddenly I heard a beep. It was so loud that my ears threatened to become deaf at the same time. I had to let go of my suitcase to cover my ears. I narrowed my eyes. Swayed to the left on the wall. I curled up in pain. Was that just in my head?
„I'm always there," the beeping gave way to the male voice, „You can't escape me." Panically, I opened my eyes and looked at the foot of the stairs, then up towards my apartment. No one there. You are alone. My pulse was racing. I was dizzy. I sank on a step and leaned my head against the cold wall. My mouth was dry. I almost threatened to suffocate. „Oh my God," it came fearfully over my lips, although it was no more than a breath.
„You're not here. You're not real!" I croaned. „You're just in my head!"
„Oh, Célina. You don't know where I can be everywhere," his voice sounded unbiased and amused. It made me angry. Angry because he made me so weak.
„Just let me go...," I whimpered. I was lost. Nothing more and nothing less than a pile of misery that had cut itself on shards of the past.

Four days passed by which I spent alone in my dark apartment. I only got out to go to the fitness. Just as same as after the death of Elmo, I ignored calls and messages (except those from Charles) and kept my phone mostly off. But one message from Mara, got me out of my lonely home. She had to pack because she finally leaves the house next week.

„What about this?", I picked one photo off the wall and held it in Maras direction. It showed Rose and June with a snowman. Both laughed happily in the camera.
„You can put it in there.", she pointed to one of the many cartons in the middle of the room. Then she turned to the chest of drawers again and continued her doing. I also picked the other picture frames off the wall, cleaned the cupboard on which their television was standing before and put all of the things in a carton. Mara's husband and one of his friends cared about to throw the furnitures out of the window in a container. I looked through the empty living room. I seemed bald and impersonal without all the inventory and pictures. I slowly realized that my last friend I still had here would soon be gone as well. Just like Ayla and my siblings. None of them had stayed.
„Lunch now. Also what?" Mara came into the room with a bowl of pasta salad and waved her reddish ponytail around. She was so happy, even though she would turn her back on Monaco in less than a week.
„No but thanks.", I refused with a smile and sat down next to her on the floor. She shrugged her shoulders. "Where do you get your strength to go to fitness every day?" she asked without understanding and took a fork of her food.
Of water and mental ambition, I thought in my inner self, while I only looked at the ground and examined the patterns in it. "I don't understand why you're doing this anyway. You are so thin..." she said, without looking at me. I would have liked to have disappeared under the ground, the topic was so unpleasant for me. "I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want too?" I got up and only saw the American's nod before I disappeared into the almost empty kitchen. I leaned against the fridge and sighed in frustration. The sudden vibrating of my cell phone scared me almost to death. I looked at the screen, Linnea's name was on it. I quickly unlocked it and opened Whatsapp. However, I did not read what I had hoped for.

»Hi Sally, I am currently very busy and have no time. I'll get in touch if it works out. Love you, kiss«

At the same moment, when I read what she had written, I regretted asking her for a conversation. Not because she didn't have time, but because I should have known that no one can help me. Nobody, but maybe something.
Yes, there is something that could help me. And to be honest, I had no other idea how to continue to survive.