thirty-three ఌ

On foot we walked along the promenade in the direction of Monte Carlo. Not far from the city sign, Charles stopped. "I want to introduce you to someone," he explained to me, pointing to a young man who leaned against the wall of a building with AirPods in his ears and looked at his cell phone. He wore sunglasses and didn't take notice of us. I thought I knew him from somewhere, but I didn't know from where.

Charles stepped up to him and gave him a slap on the back of the head so that his cap fell to the ground. He looked up and shortly afterwards took his AirPods out of his ears. Grinning, he hit Charles, while a light bulb lit up in me. Pierre. Pierre Gasly from RedBull. Among the other drivers, I had googled him in my free time in the paddock.

I put on a smile when he held out his hand to me, which I kindly accepted. "Célina," I introduced myself. "Pierre," it came back from him and he smiled. Charles put an arm around my shoulders and pressed something against me.
„I wanted to do something with you and Pierre," Charles said to me, "He is one of my best friends, so I think it's good if you know each other."

I took my cell phone out of my pocket and then dropped myself on my bed. The first time since I left the restaurant with Charles at noon today, I turned it off flight mode again and checked my notifications. When I saw my sister's missed call, I wished I had been available. But I had enjoyed being undisturbed earlier, just like always when I'm out with Charles. I don't like distractions in the form of calls or messages...

I quickly pressed her name in my contacts to call her back. It dialed once, twice, then I heard her soft voice on the phone and had to smile. Our last phone call was too long ago... "Heyyy Sally!!," she fluted happily.

"Linnea! Nice to hear from you. How are you?" I asked. "I'm doing great! How are you?"
„I'm fine too," I returned, this time I was really serious, "Did something happen that you're calling?" I followed up.

"No, no, don't worry, it's all in the green area. But I wanted to tell you about some good news," she sounded very happy and took a break, "Benni and me are coming to Monaco for some time. Isn't that great!?" My jaw fell down with joy and I got up from the bed. „Wait, what?", I asked in disbelief. I couldn't realize my happiness. "Yaaaaaa! We're coming to visit you, Ma and Pa!!," she screamed enthusiastically in my ears, but I didn't care about the volume, because I also started screaming. "Oh my God!" I brought the tears close over my lips. Suddenly, a part of my heart that was dead for a long time was revived and put it together into a whole. The fact that my siblings both emigrated is still difficult for me to understand. As children and also as teenagers, we were always together. But then Linnea decided to study for a year abroad in the States and Benjamin to study, also in the States.

I exchanged a few more words with Linn before she had to break up and I fell into bed overjoyed. For a few minutes I just lay there silently and stared at the ceiling. Then I grasped my motivation, jumped up and marched to my piano. I sat down on the leather chair and looked at the keys. A bit of dust had collected on it, which I blew away without any problems and without residue.

I took a deep breath in and out a few times when my fingertips touched the keys. I played the first chord and a few triads. Then I paused again. In my head, my environment dissolved into air and I only saw the piano. My ears were listening to the silence. I felt light.

I started playing again. First there were low notes, then I combined them with some bright chords. I started the first part of the melody calmly and with long-lasting tones. The middle part, on the other hand, consisted of quick changes between the high and few low tones. Finally, I let it come to an end and silence was left behind.

Delighted, I got up and tapped into the bathroom to brush my teeth. With a little water, I washed the mascara from my eyelashes and the highlighter from my cheeks. Finally, I tied my hair into two braided braids and then finally disappeared into bed. With happiness in my veins.