thirty-fife ఌ

I was too shocked to have been caught on the wrong foot, that I didn't get a word out, but just looked back and forth between them.

Suddenly, the female figure enthusiastically broke the silence and fell around my neck. "Sally my love. How are you?" she looked down at me and grinned at me. I missed her so much. "And when were you going to tell us about your boyfriend?" now she turned to Charles, who stood insecurely behind me and obviously preferred to be somewhere else. She held out her hand to him and examined him. "I'm Linnea. The little sister of your lovely girlfriend.", Linnea introduced herself to him. Charles shook her hand and smiled. "Charles. I'm glad. Then you must be Benjamin, her brother?!" with these words Charles held out his hand to my brother, who was still standing in the stairwell. He replied directly and introduced himself. "Yes, exactly. Are you two together?" Benjamin nodded in my direction as I heard Linn giggling behind me.

I had no idea what to say. Charles and I have not yet clarified what we were. He felt like a steady friend to me, but I also didn't just want to say things that weren't set in stone yet. "So...do you want to come in and have a coffee with us?" I quickly changed the subject and made an arm movement into my apartment. Benjamin and Linnea took a short amused look at each other, then Benjamin entered and Linnea was already hopping into the kitchen. I closed the door and walked with Charles behind Benjamin. I gave him an apologizing look. I hadn't planned the first meeting between Charles and my siblings that way. But he only smiled and leaned his head to my ear. „Everything is fine so far," I shrugged my shoulders thoughtfully. How could this go so wrong?

Linnea and Benjamin sat down at my dining table when I briefly held Charles by the arm and shouted over their shoulder „You can think about how you want the coffee, we'll be right there!" The two nodded and in the corner of my eye I still saw Linn winking at me knowingly. Turning my eyes, I pushed Charles into my room and locked the door behind us.
„So! We have to ta...", before I could end my sentence, Charles lay his lips on mine. A little confused, I returned the kiss. With a huge question mark on my face, I tilted my head and looked at him. In addition to his smile, his typical dimples had formed. "Has this clarified all?" he murmured in a low voice. "For me, it has been clear for a long time that you are my girlfriend. What do you think about it?" I stared into his eyes, but finally nodded. "For me, you've been for a long time. I just had no idea if you saw it the same way," I admitted. We have been in contact with each other for over 5 weeks and our bond with each other has become stronger and deeper from day to day. But nevertheless I wasn't sure about if Charles really wants me. This concern now fell to the ground in the form of imaginary stones.

"We both," Charles squeezed my hands, "hold each other tight." A warm smile lay over his lips. His words burned like a tattoo in my soul. We both hold us tight.

With a clear head, I returned to the kitchen, followed by Charles. Linnea and Benjamin whispered and immediately drove apart when they saw us. I knew what they were talking about.
I made four coffees. Since neither my brother nor my sister said anything, I suspected that they were still drinking the coffee in the same way as at our last meeting. For both, a cappuccino with two sweeteners and cocoa powder over it. For me and Charles, I made a latte macchiato with one sweetener each.  I put a beige straw and a spoon in all the cups. Charles helped me carry the cups to the table and pushed theirs over to my siblings. He sat down opposite Benjamin and I sat next to him. Linnea, who could hardly wait to hear our story, was the first to start talking. „So tell me. Are you together?" I smiled at her and put my hand on Charles's, which was laying on the table. „Yes," okay, now it was out. There was no turning back. But for me it wasn't an option to go back either. It was just right. Charles is my safe pole and the person I want to accompany no matter where.

„Charles. Aren't you the Formula 1 driver?" Benjamin now turned to Charles with interest. „Do I see a loyal Formula 1 fan in front of me?" Charles grinned and checked in triumphantly with Benjamin shortly afterwards, as if they had known each other for a long time. „Yes, man. Ferrari is power!" Benni asserted radiantly. The two had apparently found each other.

„Exactly that and not anything else!" the Formula 1 driver proudly agreed and patted my brother on the shoulder. „You should come to the paddock one day. Then you'll see it all up close," Charles suggested and with that the two boys had disappeared into their world. You could see them talking about motorsport with full pleasure, while Linnea and I sat next to them with a smile. However, so that we don't get bored all morning and beyond, I meant to Linnea with a hand movement that we could go to the balcony. She nodded in agreement and followed me.

„New flowers?", Linnea pointed to the plants which I only bought yesterday. I nodded and offered her to sit down. She took a seat and leaned back in the chair. „Crazy how the two burn for the same thing," Linnea remarked and giggled. I nodded violently and got into her laughter. „Yes, you are right. The only thing missing is that Ben leaves his studies and joins motorsport instead." Linnea shook her head laughing, „Oh God."

„No but honestly now. Tell me, how is your year abroad in Los Angeles?", I asked my younger sister. She breathed out the air. „It's nice, but the school there is really a different level. And you should take a look at the traffic there. Both on the sidewalks and on the streets. You can hardly make any progress there," she took a break and now began to smile, „But I love it. The city is great. And even though I've been there since January, there are new things I learn every day. And always action, that's exactly what I need. At some point I have to show you the LA nightlife. Then we move together from bar to club and so on," she sighed dreamily. Although Linnea is younger than me, she already knows almost every drink and is a bait for many men with her open personality. Even as a child, my parents said that she would once become a record-breaking heartbreaker, because of her pretty but self-concentrated person. In her youth, this actually happened and she came home from school almost every week and told whom she broke her heart this time. No question, you can have fun with her and I'm sure that she also lives out in the metropolis of Los Angeles, but when guys who she wrapped - even unintentionally - around her finger get too close, she pushes them away and shows her icy side.

„Let's see," I grinned. Actually, I don't drink hard alcohol, but I didn't want to spoil her fun now either.

This and the following day could hardly have been more beautiful. On Tuesdays we visited old favorite places, raged on the promenade in the shops and on Wednesday Charles took us all on his yacht. My siblings were derailed of any facial features when we drove across the sea at full speed. We stayed outside until ten in the evening and talked an incredible amount. In the meantime, Charles knew my siblings as well as if he had been friends with them for years. In the end, Charles invited the two to the Grand Prix in Austria. They agreed with big eyes and decided to come to qualifying on Saturday and to the race on Sunday.