Chapter 58

Elsa 

Our kisses lasted a long time. Something inside me told me to stop all this immediately, before it was too late. But my body was acting on its own, without me really thinking about what I was doing. Ryder stepped aside first and put a hand in his hair, visibly embarrassed.

"We should not..." he began.

When I heard him, I went back to the table, took the bottle that was on it and handed it to him.

"Here, drink this. You will see that after you ask yourself more this kind of question."

He grabs the bottle with a hesitant hand, without ceasing to look at me suspiciously.

"Where'd you get that?

« Arendelle."

I then noticed his reluctance to drink the contents.

"It's not poison, you know," I teased. But I think that here you have an unfortunate tendency to consider that everything that comes from Arendelle is necessarily bad for you – including me. If you don't mind, I'll take it back."

I wanted to tear the bottle from his hands but he was faster and kept it.

'No, no, that's good,' he said, swallowing the rest of its contents in one go.

He grimaced as he felt the burning effect of strong alcohol.

"How did you drink all this?" he asked me while coughing.

I laugh.

"After the first few sips, it goes by itself! »

"Do you do that often?"

"No, this is the first time. Follow me."

I took a second identical bottle from a cupboard and two small glasses and invited him to follow me – which he did without hesitation. We returned to the corridor while I guided him to my room. I entered first, sure of myself, and went to close the window that had remained open. I turned and saw that Ryder was still in the door frame.

"What are you doing? I'm not gonna bite you ! »

« I know... But it's just... I've never been here and it's kind of... Intimidating."

I smile as I come back to him.

"A drink?" I asked him as I lifted the bottle I was holding under his nose.

« No... thank you... I'm fine"

His voice was hesitant. I saw his look back and forth between the glass in my hands and eyes.

"Well, come on... But just one!" he gave in.

I smiled, filled the glass and handed it to him. He grasped it vividly and swallowed it all in a sip. I looked at it, gaping.

"What?" he asked, surprised.

« Nothing, nothing..."

I kissed him tenderly, still feeling the flavor of alcohol on his lips. Suddenly, the young man grabbed my thighs without warning, forcing me to grab hold of him. He carried me to bed and threw me on. Surprised, I dropped the glasses I was holding and they broke on the ground. Some of the contents of the bottle spilled but Ryder had the reflex to catch it before it suffered the same fate and immediately carried it to his lips, swallowing several sips before putting it on the bedside table next to me. He came to position himself above my body and tenderly put back the strands of hair that covered my face behind my ear.

"I've never done this...I don't know anything about women," he whispered to me as he looked into mine.

His breath smelled of alcohol. I saw a glimmer of desire in his sparkling eyes. The same as Honeymaren last night.