Chapter 95

Iduna

"Are you all right?"

"No, no, it's not okay."

"What is it?"

"Why did you react like that? Are you afraid of them?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This morning in the church..."

Agnarr sighed.

"Iduna... I thought you'd moved on since... I'm not afraid of them, I just didn't want to create a scandal in the middle of the ceremony.

"By kissing me?"

He froze.

"There are... There are things we need to keep to ourselves and do in privacy, that's all. I preferred not to offend them.

"You're not going to make me believe that the bride and groom never kiss at their wedding... We may have very different cultures, but I have lived here long enough to know that it is usually done. You would have married a princess or even a wife of Arendelle, you would have kissed her..."

"Hey.... It has nothing to do with you, I promise," said he, gently stroking my cheek.

"Of course, if!" said I, stopping him in his gesture. "Open your eyes, Agnarr, you cannot bear the difference."

"Don't say that..."

"So why was I asked to let my skin whiten? Why did you beg me to keep my past a secret? To make me look more normal to you and to get into your codes, right? "

"It was to protect you... If you had told the truth when you arrived here, you would have been killed by the first one... As long as they have doubts, I can't afford to offend them any more than they are— I'd rather make sure we don't hurt you by hiding your origins and showing as little love as possible. We got married publicly, it's already a big step forward...

"Kiss me," I interrupted him.

Agnarr seemed surprised at my request, but he immediately complied, gently pressing his lips against mine.

«More than that», I asked when he moved his face away from mine.

I saw him hesitate and take a quick look at the door.

"What? Are you afraid of being caught? If we are, we are now married and in our conjugal room... It is our right."

He smiled, grabbed me by the waist and pressed me against the wall behind me.

"You are completely crazy," he whispered to me, laughing.

"That's why you love me?"

He then kissed me passionately, finally forgetting all his fears. His kisses seemed to extend again and again for my greatest pleasure. When he finally retired, it took me a few seconds to catch my breath.

"It's... It's better that way," I panted, satisfied.

I saw him go to our bed and lie down.

"Will you stand still?" he asked me.

I smiled and joined him. He immediately took me in his arms, removed my tiara and defied my bun.

"You know how long it took me to do it? "

"As your maid did to you, I think you won't mind me too much," he replied playfully.