Chapter 78

Kristoff

"Is everything all right?" I asked when I entered.

The two young women seemed both surprised and relieved to see me.

«Yes, yes,» Anna finally replied with a big smile.

I looked at them in turn. They looked strange. Elsa walked across the room to the door in front of me and said, visibly embarrassed:

"I'm going to leave you, I guess you two would rather be together."

She glanced at her sister and walked away, closing the door behind her.

"I don't understand anything...," I whispered, desperate.

"Oh, there's nothing to understand!" said Anna, laughing. "We're just a little ... weird. But you already knew that."

"Oh, yes... And it's getting worse and worse, I think. "

"If it bothered you so much, I think you would have been gone a long time ago..."

Anna lay down on the couch. I sat down beside her, grabbed her legs, and laid them on my thighs.

"I don't mind, I've always liked weird girls."

She gave me a strange look.

"I have to be wary of my sister, so..."she laughed.

"No risk. It's a little too risky for the time being—

"You certainly think the same of me, but you dare not say it," she teased me.

"No, no, I'm telling you. You're weird, but it's funny, whereas Elsa is just...weird.

"Be careful what you say, as queen I could have you arrested for disrespecting a member of the royal family...

"I don't disrespect her, I just point to reality. And anyway, I'm far too afraid of her to publicly assume what I just said."

We laughed at the same time.

"Scared? Why are you afraid of Elsa?" suddenly surprised Anna as she tried to contain her laughter.

"I don't know, I wouldn't like to make her angry like..."

I stopped suddenly, seeing the smile of the young woman disappear from her face.

"At last...you understood me," I said, looking away. "You never had...how can I put it? A little apprehension when you were with her?

"Never. I was often afraid for her, but never afraid of her. I thought you were also—

"It was... But before I saw what I saw in the enchanted forest..."

"It's all over... It is back to normal. "

"Yes, I know... But if ever..."

"It will not happen. She is with us, safe and free from conflict."

We had a moment. I did not dare to speak again, especially not wanting to hurt her. Although I knew that Elsa had regained control of her powers since the death of Erik and Yéléna, I could not help but continue to think that she could at any time plunge back into that dark side that seemed to dominate her so easily.

"But if she returned to the Northuldra...," I murmured.

"I don't want her to go back—"

"You will not decide for her."

"I know..."

"Did she ever tell you?"

"More or less... Let's say I noticed several times that he missed the enchanted forest..."