Chapter 73

Erik

They were ready, I felt it. Their anger was everywhere. I could see it in their eyes, their gestures, their words. They were all full of them. It was time. But they were missing something.

I was sitting away from all these people in my cabin. I let them in because I was the only one who had what they had been looking for for several days. A man approached me, a drink in his hand.

"I don't understand how you get all this water. And cool!"

I smiled as I looked at him and got up. He seemed impressed by my size and stepped back.

"I have my little secrets," I said, laughing at his reaction.

He remained doubtful but merely shrugged, without saying a word more. Sneers at the other end of the room caught my attention. I raised my head and noticed three familiar faces. I then made great strides towards them, fists clenched.

"What got you? It wasn't part of the plan!" I told them, coming up to them.

They looked at me with big, surprised eyes until one of them spoke:

"Don't worry, nobody knew!"

"Are you kidding? The most important people in this village have witnessed your actions!"

"Can you count on it?"

"In the most important people of this camp, not yet. In the witnesses of your idiocy, yes! "

"Relax, we just anticipated what you've been dreaming about for months. "

"It was not the right time! "

"Because there are opportune moments for revenge ? "

"Of course it is! Now, Sander, make it clear to your little comrades never again advise you to anticipate my potential intentions. Am I clear?"

He hardly swallowed his saliva and shook his head in approval. I then looked behind me. The Northuldra present rushed at the water-filled jugs I had placed on the large wooden table. I smiled as I watched them.

"Erik?" said Sander timidly.

I looked up at the sky.

"They don't know what happened last night. "

"I know."

"What did you really see?"

"Enough to make me realize your stupidity in any case. "

"You don't know who came after that, do you?"

"What do you mean? I faced them again."

"Anna and Kristoff are here. The queen and the future king of Arendelle".

"Perfect..." I murmured.

They glanced at each other, not seeming to understand. I read worry on their faces. Sander immediately changed the subject, seeming frightened by my answers:

"And... How did you get all this? We're all thirsty and you're..."

"A little manipulation, nothing more"

"Wouldn't it be possible to repeat a little manipulation, just to ensure our survival? It would respect your plan: we would survive and the others..."

"I have a much better idea in mind..." I whispered.

I stepped in the middle of the room, making my way between each Northuldra. I climbed up on the wooden table and pushed out a carafe of water that broke on the ground.