Chapter 92

Anna

I awoke suddenly, feeling a first ray of sunshine on my skin. Finally, it was the big day. I stood up on my bed and looked out the window. The weather was fine, not a cloud on the horizon. Everything looked good. I jumped out of my room and ran barefoot down the corridor to Elsa's. I entered quietly without knocking and discovered my sister still asleep in her bed. I smiled when I saw her. She hadn't been able to close her eye for a while. I felt bad about having to wake her up. I walked silently to her bed and climbed on it. She did not react, seeming plunged into a dream. I gently stroked her hair and put a strand back behind her ear. My sister frowned and finally opened her eyes. She smiles when she sees me.

"Is it already time to wake up?" she asked in a voice still asleep.

I nodded, a big smile on my face.

"Oh, your dress!" she exclaimed, straightening herself up at once. "Give me time to get dressed and I am yours."

She opened her closet and chose a dress.

"Is that the one you're going to wear to the ceremony?" I asked, curious.

The young woman looked for a moment at the dress she was holding and replied:

"No, it won't be. It's just until you're ready."

She immediately went into the bathroom. As she prepared, I lay down on her bed and stared at the door she had left ajar. I couldn't help but think that Elsa was hiding from me absolutely all the emotions that were going through her, which she had been used to doing since childhood. I heard a tap open and water running. I tried to put myself in his shoes, to imagine what I would do with an unwanted pregnancy, but these were very difficult questions to answer. My eyes suddenly slipped to his bedside table, a few inches from me. The main drawer was half open. Curious, I pulled it out completely. My sister had put away the key she had found in Kai's room. As I was about to close it, I noticed a carefully folded piece of cloth in the bottom of the drawer. I grabbed it and opened it. There was something written on it. The roughly formed letters were barely decipherable. I still manage to read:

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION WILL APPEAR IN YOUR HEART

"What are you doing?"

I immediately folded the piece of cloth I was holding and looked up at Elsa who had come out of the bathroom. Her hard look made me realize that I had seen something I was not supposed to see.

"What is it?" I asked, pointing to the piece of cloth.

"Nothing," said she dryly, taking it from my hands and putting it in the drawer.

"If it's nothing, why don't you tell me what it was like in your nightstand?"

She sighed.

"I found this in the enchanted forest...

"What do you mean?"

"Please.... I'd like to start your dress. We'll talk about it another time."

I did not protest, knowing full well that it was useless and that she would tell me nothing more. I got up and stood in the center of her room.

"What colour would you like it?"

"I'm not telling you, do it as you like."

She smiled, stood in front of me and reflected for a few moments.

"Given the season, you need something fresh and clear," she began. Since green is your favorite color, I think I'll go with that. Is that okay?"

I nodded my head.