Chapter 4

Louis's POV

I was brought back to reality when Lottie screamed my name and jumped on me. I was so excited to see her. I then spun around a few times because I remember she would always ask me to spin her when she was little. Her giggle brought a smile to my face. I missed her so much.I know we both go to the same college, but I still miss her. I feel like I have disappointed her and my family because of what I have become. After a couple times spinning her around, I set her down. She was really dizzy and couldn't stand still. Her clumsiness make me laugh. Lottie always knew how to cheer me up even when nothing bad happened.

"Louis,I have an important question to ask. And I know that this might, and I mean might, be a little awkward but I need to know." She asked with a serious tone in her voice.

"Lottie,you know you can ask me anything. What do you need to know?" I said trying my best to calm her down a bit. She was starting to scare me a little.

"Are you still friends with them?" And I knew who exactly who she was talking about. Everything then got a quiet.

"It'snot as simple as it-"

"Louis it's a yes or no answer. Are you still friends with them?!" She said almost yelling.

"Yes."I replied. Her facial expressions seemed to drop before I even answered.

"Why?"She said almost in a whisper.

" I have a reputation with them. If I suddenly back out, they'll think something's wrong and won't leave me alone until I give them an answer they want to hear.And it is annoying as fuck, but I live with it. I don't know why I do, but I do. They are like brothers to me."

"A reputation? Explain what 'reputation' you have with them. Enlighten me." She aid with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"My reputation is to be the badass. To let no one, not even family bring me down. It has gotten so far as to me hiding my emotions because if my emotions get the best of me, it shows that I'm weak. And I'm not weak." I explain sternly.

"Do you still smoke and do drugs with them?" She again asks almost in a whisper, but this time she had tears brimming her eyes.

"Yes,but I have cut down a lot since high school. Lottie, I'm trying to get better. I'm trying to show them a piece of my mind. I'm trying to let go of them. It's just hard. "

"How is it hard?"

"It's complicated to explain."

"Huh...whatever."

"Lottie,look at me," I said holding her chin so she can look into my eyes."I really am trying. You have no idea how hard it is to keep them off my back. I will tell them soon, I promise. Then I won't be associated with them anymore." I continued. "Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do! With my life."

"Ok then. Just trust me on this. It will all be over soon enough."

"Ok." Was all she could say. Just then the browned eyed girl walked out of the kitchen. She truly looked beautiful. I looked at Lottie who gave me this weird look and pulled her towards me.

"Louis,this is Nikki my new room mate." Lottie said with a big smile slapped across her face. Nikki...what a pretty name. I looked at her as she tried to make no eye contact, which showed me that she was shy. I liked it. A tiny, barely noticeable smile came upon my face. "Nikki,this is Louis. The guy I talked about." What?!Lottie was talking about me? I hope she only said good things.

"Nice to meet you love. I bet Lottie has told you like everything about me." Was all I managed to say trying to lighten up the mood. She then looked me in the eyes. I couldn't help but feel my heart rate increasing.Without even thinking, I reached my hand out to shake her hand.