Chapter 29

Chapter dedicated to:  Foreverrrrrr_Young ❤️

Louis' POV

Her screams filled to room as Lottie stitched her arm up. My heart was breaking hearing her scream in pain. She was squeezing my hand so hard I thought she would break my hand. But I showed no pain. Her screaming was enough pain to me that I didn't even feel her hand crushing mine. Lottie was finally done and gave Nikki some medicine that would take the pain away. It would also make her sleep for 6 hours. Nikki took it within a heart beat and even swallowed it dry. I laid her down with her head in my lap and the rest of her body on the couch.

"It hurts Louis! Make it stop please!" She whines making my heart hurt more.

"I know baby, I know. The medicine should kick in soon ok. Just hang in there love." I assure her. She nods her head still in so much pain. Minutes later her eyes started to close slowly. The medicine finally kicked in. Seconds later she was asleep.

"Lottie!" I yell seeing her come in through the dining room door. "We need to go now." She nodded. She grabbed some bags and started to fill the car. Liam and Sophia helped too. I would but with Nikki passed out on top of me, and with having to leave the room to fill the car, I wasn't going to chance leaving her alone for a second. Lottie came up and told me the car was filled and we were ready to go.

I carried Nikki to the giant 7 seater black car setting her in the back back. I sat with her placing her like she was before with her head on my lap. We were in the third row, Liam would be driving, Sophia would be in the passenger and Lottie was in the second row. Once we were all buckled up we were on our way.

I wasn't really excited to stay with the person that got us in to the city. It was sadly my ex-girlfriend Mary. We were together during high school but ended when I found her cheating with my best mate Stan. I was heart broken. I was trying to tell Liam to let us stay on our own but he wouldn't let us. He said that staying with her would help us stay safe from Zayn. I fought and fought but eventually gave in. I really didn't want to see her. I hated her ever since I saw her and Stan snogging by her locker where I picked her up everyday before we went to lunch. Even hearing her name made me cringe. But I have Nikki now. And she's all I need. Not even Mary made me feel the way Nikki makes me feel. And I loved it. And I loved her. I love Nikki with all my heart. And no one will ever change that.

It was only 2 hours on the road and Nikki was waking up. She shouldn't be waking up. I started to panic a bit.

"Um Lottie."

"Yeah."

"You said that the medicine you have Nikki would last 6 hours right?"

"Yeah why?"

"Because she's waking up." I alarm her and she turned around looking at Nikki and I behind her. She looked super confused.  She rummaged through the bag that she had with he looking at the bottle. Relief seemed to flow through her face.

"It's a little expired. So it's just weaker. No need to worry." She assures me. My attention went to Nikki who was whimpering at the pain. 

"Louis!" She whimpers in a whisper tone.

"Yes baby?"

"It hurts." She says looking at me with her eyes filled with pain.

"I know love. Let me see if Lottie has some pain killers. Lottie?"

"On it. Here give her this. It should kick in in 30 minutes."  She hades me two white pills. I give to Nikki to uses my water to take them. She lays back down asking me stupid questions. But it was cute. She was trying to get her mind off the pain which kinda worked. Then she asked the question I dreaded the most.