Chapter 23

Nikki's POV

I was frozen in my spot. How did he find me? And what did he mean by I shouldn't have gotten close to Louis? If anything Louis, is the best thing that has happened to me in years. Now my life is going to be a nightmare. But hopefully Louis will be there for me. What plan was he talking about? Well he did say that Louis hasn't told me yet, but how does he know? So many questions were floating in my head all at once. That was until there was a knock on my bedroom door. Lottie comes in seconds later with a confused expression on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I lie

"No something's wrong. Tell me. I won't tell anyone I promise. Please just tell me. Is it about Louis?"

"Kinda. But not really. Here just read this." I hand her the note. Her eyes go wide with every word she read. When she finished she looked back at me with this concerned look on her face.

"Nikki, what the fuck is this?"

"It's my ex-boyfriend from London. Before I moved to Doncaster. He was one of the reasons why I moved to Donie in the first place. We had a bad break up and he said that I was making a mistake and that I will pay in the end. I thought I got rid of him. But when I read this all I could think of is how long he's known I was here? How long has he been spying on me?"

"Oh. Wow. What was his name?"

"I don't really feel like talking about it anymore. I should go. I have to go meet one of Louis friends." I stand and walk towards the door.

"Why do you have to do that?" She asks.

"I honestly have no clue. He said in the note that I will find out later tonight. So whatever."

"Ok. Just be careful."

"I will Lottie. Don't worry." I try to assure her.

"Well after reading this note I think you should have some protection. And we have to tell Louis."

"No! I can't tell him. Not now. Maybe when the time is right. But things are going good so far. I don't want to mess it up with this note."

"Ok whatever. I would tell him soon though."

"Maybe. By Lottie."

"Bye." I walk out both doors driving to the park. I drove only because Lottie's right, I should have some protection with me. But I'm going to be with one of Louis' gang friends so I should be ok. I was thinking about texting Louis and telling him. But I decided against it. I will probably tell him tonight so I can get it off my chest and not have to worry about it later.

When I got to the park I immediately saw Liam. He was really buff. He had so much muscles me knees almost gave out. He was cute but I would honestly rather be with Louis. We talked for what seemed like hours on end. I really got to know him. I know he has a girlfriend named Sophia and he is like Louis trying to get out. He was sweet. Sophia was a lucky girl.

~Louis' POV~

Everything was going according to plan.  She was going to have the best birthday ever. This morning I had Lottie shop to get her a dress for the evening. And to say I was absolutely clueless on what she got was spot on. She wouldn't tell me. I had to drive three fucking hours away to pick up Nikki's gift. But it's worth it. It is this two piece charm that had our saying on it, 'I love you with all my heart. Forever always' . Her piece says what I would say to her. And my piece is what she would say back. It was absolutely gorgeous. I put my piece with her saying on my key chain so I always have it. I put her piece with my saying on a necklace for her to wear with anything and everything she wants to. I think she'll love it as much as I do.