Chapter 9

Nikki's POV

After what seemed like hours of us staring at each other, Charlotte walked into the room.

"Nikki, I need a word with Louis. Do you mind going in the other room," She asked. Not wanting to get on her bad side, I picked up the trash and walked into the kitchen and dining room. For the next couple minutes I heard yelling. I could understand what they were saying, but it didn't sound very good. I decided to make tea to take my mind off of their fighting. It actually worked. I have absolutely no idea how long I zoned out for, but I knew I should probably head off to bed.

I walked out of the kitchen to find them in a tight hug. My heart dropped a little seeing that they made up. Then my heart dropped even more when I saw them pull away, because of the way he was looking at her. That's the way every girl wanted to be looked at. He then pushed some of her hair back behind her ear. I was feeling jealous. I wanted him to look at me like that, and I wanted him to treat me like that. But I knew it wasn't ment to be.

All of a sudden I was pulled into a hug. I didn't know who it was until they pulled away. It was Louis. Charlotte pulled me into one too and said thanks. I didn't know why she said thanks so I kept looking down at my feet. I didn't know what to say so I just decided to wing it.

"I'm glad I could help. There's tea if you guys want any." I was still looking at my feet. I quickly made my to my room and slammed the door. I turned my back to the door sliding down so I was sitting on the floor holding my knees in my arms. I sat there for such a long time. I started getting cold and hungry. But then I heard people talking outside. I opened the door a crack seeing Charlotte and Louis by the door. I was trying to make out what they were saying but I couldn't be sure.

"Well, I'm going...It's get... I'll...Nikki. I told...show he...new and all." I heard Louis mumbled. Why were they talking about me?

"Lou, I know you...There's no reason to...excuse." Charlotte said. I heard Louis then yelled something but I couldn't hear what he said.

"No! I would never do that to you." Charlotte replied perfectly clear. I was getting really confused.

"Oh...thank you. And it's not...se! It's...re. If...what I do or what those boys really make me do. She would only think of me as a... So...let me gain her trust first." Louis explained. Who was he talking about? And again the question of 'what do those boys make him do?' scrambled my brain. When the door closed my stomach grumbled. I quickly walked to the kitchen but was stopped in my tracks when Charlotte called my name.

"Hey Nikki! What's the rush?" She asked

"Oh, um, nothing. I just got hungry." I said shyly.

"Oh ok. We put the food away earlier so the food is in the fridge."

"Oh...ok. Th-"

"Is everything ok Nikki?" She interrupted me.

"Yea, I'm fine..Everything is fine. Why wouldn't it be?" I nervously answered

"Are you sure? It seems like something is bothering you."

"Well, its just...it's nothing." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"You sure? Doesn't look like nothing. You know, I know we haven't known each other for a long time, but you can tell me anything." She said walking up to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks Charlotte." I said staring at the floor.

"Please, call me Lottie." She said with so much generosity. Why was she so nice to me? She brought me out of my thoughts when she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Can I ask you something?" I heard myself say.

"Of course anything." She replied pulling away.

"What does Lottie mean?"

"Lottie is a nickname for Charlotte. My brother came up with it when I was little, but when he got mixed up, he kinda moved away, my family never called me Lottie again because they said it reminded them of him and they didn't want his presence in the house anymore, and they didn't like the name. But I loved it. I missed being called Lottie so much. But I only allow people I'm really close to call me Lottie." She explained.

"Why do you like the name so much? I mean besides the fact that your brother made it up for you."

"It reminds me of when my brother didn't do bad things and when everything was good with my family."

"Ok. That makes a lot more sense. Thank you." I said pulling her into another hug. "I think I'm going to go back to bed." I said pulling away.

"I thought you were hungry."

"Eh, the moment passed. Not so hungry anymore."

"I hate it when that happens. Louis said to remind you that he'll be here at 3." She said with a smirk on her face. I didn't quite understand what she ment by it, so ignored it.

"Oh, thanks. Well, goodnight Lottie."

"Night Nikki." I walked into my room closing the door behind me. I gladly fell onto my bed and slowly falling into a nice deep sleep. The last thing I remember was thinking about how classes are going to be and wanting to walk around the campus. But I guess I'll find out tomorrow...and maybe Louis can show me around campus too.

The sound of my alarm woke me up from my deep sleep. I looked at my clock seeing that it was 9:30. Knowing that I didn't have to be ready for a while, I decided to stay in bed for a while longer. Checking my phone, I had tons of missed calls and texts from mum. She can be so paranoid sometimes. But that's just who she is. I texted her back saying that I was fine and that classes start today. The usual stuff to calm down a freaking out parent. She responded with an 'ok have fun sweetie' type thing.

The time was now 10:45. I was starting to get hungry, so I made my way to the kitchen. I warmed up some of the food and began to eat. Moments later Lottie comes out in sweats and a t-shirt. She was running a towel through her damp hair trying to dry it as much as possible. She told me that her classes were at night and not to freak out if I hear rumbling in the living room and kitchen. I nodded.

Looking at the time, I thought I should start getting ready. I got into the bathroom locking the door. A habit of mine. No matter how much I trusted a person, I never leave the bathroom door unlocked. It just creeps me out. I turned on the water, steaming up the bathroom instantly. I unchanged and stepped into the warm water. I took about a 15-20 minute shower. Taking a little longer than usual. I walked into my room to change.

I went to my closet picking out these black skinny jeans, a grey crop-top that went just above my belly button, a red flannel to go over, and put my hair in a messy braid (picture above). I quickly changed and went to the bathroom to apply my make up. I didn't put a lot, just a light amount of make up. I walked into the living room to find Lottie sitting on the couch on her phone. I slipped on my white converse and as if on time there was a knock at the door. I looked at the clock to see that it was only 1:45. I shot a look at Lottie. She stood up and quickly went to the door looking through the peep hole. My heart started racing when she stood there for a long time not saying a word.

[A/N: Hey guys! Here's chapter 9. Hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading and don't forget to like, comment and vote. Love you guys to the moon and back <3]