Chapter 18

Nikki's POV

Louis stopped me when we reached the elevators.

"Nikki, we need to talk."

"About?"

"Well the thing is..." He was interrupted with my phone ringing. I check to see who it is and no one better to call me at a time like this then my mother.

"Sorry I have to take this." I say and walk away from Louis as I answer my phone. "Hello."

"Hey sweety. How's it going?" My mothers voice booms through my ears.

"Hi mum. I'm good. And you?"

"I'm just great. I miss you."

"I miss you too mum. Not to be a burden, but why did you call? Did you need something?" I said as nicely as I possibly could.

"Well for starters I wanted to see how my loving daughter is, and secondly I was wondering how college life was treating you."

"Well, I'm flattered. And it's treating me really well."

"How is your room mate?"

"She's good, and super nice. She just left to Paris for a class project. Speaking of of my room mate, her and her brother are from Doncaster. Apparently she left as we came, but I was wondering if for like one of our breaks I could possibly bring her and her brother to our house. So we could just walk around the city. I told her I would ask you first so yeah."

"Yea that would be great. Just let me know ahead of time."

"Of course."

"How's the boy?"

"He's just per- wait. How did you know? I didn't say anything about a boy."

"I didn't but by your answer I know now that there is one."

"You sneaky little"

"Ah ah ah. Enough of that and just spill. I want to know everything." She said demandingly.

"I'll tell you later. I promise."

"Fine, how are classes?"

"Good. I was on my way to my class that starts in like 10 minutes and it takes a good 7 to get there from my dorm."

"Oh I'm sorry honey. I'll let you go. But don't forget to tell me about this boy."

"Mum-"

"I'm serious. I want to know every single detail about him."

"Mum."

"It's a rough world out there. I just don't want you to get hurt. I don't you picking up some guy that will hurt you."

"Mum just shut the fuck up already!"

"Don't talk to me like that."

"Just stop talking for one god damn minute. I told you I will tell you later."

"Well I'm sorry I bursted your bubble. I just wanted to know. Have a good day."

"Yeah uh-huh. It was better before this conversation" And with that I hung up. Damn that woman could talk for days and irritates the shit out of me.

I storm back over to Louis who is leaned up against the wall by the elevators. He pushed off the wall as I approached him and pushed the button for the doors to open.

"Is something wrong?" He sweetly asks.

"It's nothing."

"Do you want to talk about it?"