Chapter #1

Welcome to the fifth book of the Scarlett’s Soldier series by Chris and I. We will be starting on where we left off in the last book. Anygays I hope you enjoy.

Chapter #1
Feb 28th 2022
⚠️Violence⚠️
Louri’s POV
Greg and I have been here in this cage for a week now. They took his prosthetic so he can’t try and do anything. I can’t stop thinking about Scarlett and the kids. It’s what gets me through the daily beatings. Apparently they weren’t so happy that I got away last time and their men died in the process. “I hope Grace is with Scarlett. I hope they can comfort each other.” Greg says his voice is dry since we don’t get much water everyday. “I’m sure she is. I just hate that I am putting Scarlett and my family through this all over again. I promised Devon I would come home. I know I shouldn’t promise to come home but I should promise to do everything I can to come home. I can’t break my promise Greg!” I say angrily. “Hey we found you didn’t we?” He says. “Yeah because you and Tom were leading the group. But Tom is dead and you are here with me. Because you decided to be an idiot and jump out of the chopper to be by my side.” I scolded him. “I couldn’t leave you behind again Lor! It killed me last time and Tom too. Semper Fidelis remember. You remember what that means don’t you.” He shoots back. “Always faithful I know. I have it tattooed on my arm.” I tell him. “So suck it up. I’m just as unhappy about this as you are, trust me.” He says. “I just worry for my family, you know.” I say. “Me too Lor. But at least this time our families know that we have each other to make it through this. And we will. We’ll find a way to get back home Louri, we always do.” He says. “You up now!!” One of the guards yells at me. like always I refuse so they come and drag me out of the cell. They take me to the room that they have had everyday for the past week to beat me. But this time it’s different. There are pictures of Devon, Louisa, Maya, Thomas, and Scarlett all over the walls. They are the ones from my phone which they took when they captured us. But how did they get into it I have a passcode. “Leave my family alone.” I growl. “Oh we aren’t going to hurt them. We are just going to make you look at the pictures of your family as you get beaten.” He says sinisterly. He holds a picture of Scarlett in front of me as one of his men punches me across the face. I see what they are trying to do. They want me to associate pain and beatings with my family by looking at the pictures as they beat me. Next is a picture of my little Marine Devon and then a punch to the ribs. Next is a picture of Maya as a bat makes contact with the other side of my torso. This continues for a few hours showing me a different picture with each blow.

Violence over
Scarlett’s POV
There has been absolutely no word on Louri and Greg for a week now. Grace came over with her daughter the same day we found out about Louri and Greg. I have let her stay in one of the guest rooms because honestly we both need the comfort of the other. “Mommy?” Devon says tugging on my shirt while I make breakfast. “Yes Angel?” I say picking him up. “I want Mama.” He says fiddling with Devon Hendricks tags that he won’t even take off when it’s bath time. “I know you do and I do too.” I say to him, holding him close. Grace is in the living room with Lisa, Thomas and the twins. I hear a knock on the door and I don’t want to answer it but whoever it is lets themselves in. “Any Word?” I hear Shanna ask and hear multiple people enter the house. “No.” Lisa says and I hear heavy footsteps coming my way and I know it’s Chris. “Hey.” He says as he sits at one of the bar stools I have never seen him this broken before not even when Louri was tortured on live TV. “Uncle Chrissy.” Devon says reaching for him and Chris stands and walks around the kitchen island and takes Devon from me and holds him like he will disappear if he lets go. “We are all here, even Carly and John came so we can take care of each other.” Chris tells me and I nod.

Greg’s POV
They just threw Louri back into the cell. I tell them to take me instead but they never do. We have been here for a week now but they only take her and I can’t do a fucking thing. I think that’s my torture is knowing there is nothing I can do to help her. “Lor, hey I’ve got you.” I say as I do my best to clean the small cuts on her face. they at least give us alcohol wipes to clean any wounds. I guess they don’t want us to die of an infection so that they can keep us as ransom.

Two weeks later
Mar 9th 2022
Louri’s POV
Two weeks of them showing me pictures of my family as they beat me. BANG!! “DOWN! DOWN! DOWN!! WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!” I hear Papa Sherm yell. I am too weak to call to him but Greg is able to and the door to our cage swings open and there he is. “I’ll carry her sir.” I hear O’Reily say and then he picks me up. “You came for me.” I croke out as I am carried to a Humvee. “I needed my little girl.” He says giving my hand a squeeze I didn’t even realize he was holding it. “You are going home Marine.” He says and I nod and close my eyes and get the much needed rest I’ve been deprived of.

A/N
Louri and Greg are going home. Get ready for an emotional rollercoaster. Anygays see you in the next one.