Chapter #21

Chapter #21

April 11th 2022

Lizzie's POV

"How did they manage to get an appointment so fast?" Robbie asks me as I do some gardening with the kids. "Baby Scarlett scares the General." I chuckle. "Why, what did she do?" He asks. "Oh you know just threatened to take a pair of gardening shears to his dick. You know the standard threat to a man." I shrug purposely holding up my shears just to mess with him. "Why don't I take those from you? Here Devon why don't you hold these for your Auntie Liz" He says a few octaves higher than his normal tone. "What's wrong wit Uncle Wobbie's voice?" Louisa asks. "Oh Auntie Liz was just messing with him. I will explain when you're older." I say giving her nose a little boop making her giggle. "Auntie Liz, Uncle Robbie ran away." Devon says handing me my shears back. "Hehe Devon, can you hold this basket?" I ask. "Yes ma'am." He says with a small salute god he's cute. "Auntie Liz, there is a strange man here." Maya says over my shoulder as she is laying on my back. I look up and chuckle when I see one of Robbie's band mates Graham Fink. "Yes, Maya, he is very strange." I joke and he feigns hurt. "Liz how you hurt me." He chuckles and comes forward and I introduce the kids. "This is Devon, he's the oldest. Maya here is the one on my back. Louisa is her twin sister and very shy so don't take offense that she is hiding behind her brother and that little cutie in the rocker is Thomas. Scarlett and Louri's kids." I say. "I knew who they were. Robbie takes up half of rehearsal time just to gush over them." He says. "You know Uncle Wobbie?" Maya asks. "Yeah I'm part of Milo Green. It's nice to meet you all." He says. "I get Uncle Wobbie." Louisa says and runs into the house to get him. "I didn't scare her did I?" Graham asks worriedly. "No, she just likes Uncle Wobbie more than you." Maya says. "Maya, that wasn't very nice." I tell her. "Sorry. Do you make crackers?" She asks. "Why would you ask that?" He asks. "Because your name is Gwram." She says. "It's pronounced Graham sweet pea." I tell her. "Sorry to disappoint you but I don't." He says. "What are you disappointing my niece about?" Robbie asks, walking into the garden holding Louisa's hand. "I don't make crackers." He tells robbie. "He might not make crackers but he makes great music." Robbie says. "No one is better than my Uncle Wobbie." Maya says firmly and I swear I can see Robbie's heart melt on the spot. "Uncle Robbie gave me a guitar and is teaching me how to play." Devon says proudly. "I heard he says you are really good." Graham says. "I try my best." Devon says a little shy at the sudden praise. "Hey I think you are really good." I tell him, making him smile widely. "Thank you. Mommy's calling!!" He shouts when he sees the incoming video call. "Wait Scarlett Johansson is calling?" Graham says nervously. "No Mommy." Maya says in a duh tone before I pick up. "Hey Scar, we're in the garden." I say making her know that I have the kids with me without outright saying it. "I see that. Maya what are you doing on your Auntie?" Scarlett chuckles. "We are doing things in her special dirt." She smiles and I hear Louri laugh loudly in the background. "It's called a garden sweetie." Louri says. "Oh but she said it was special." Maya says. "I did say that." I tell her. "Uncle Wobbie your fwend's face is wet." Louisa says and I look up to see he's sweating. "What friend?" I hear Louri say. "It's Graham." He says. "Scarlett who the fuck is Graham?" I hear Louri ask and she face palms. "Ouch." Robbie laughs at his friend who is pouting. "Seriously Liz, who is with you guys?" Louri asks, coming into view. "Here." I say handing him the phone. "Hi I'm Graham." He is nervous and now looks a little scared. I forgot that the appointment was in the middle of Louris work day so she's in uniform and she's on desk duty. "Um you guys on a set or something?" He asks. "Oh my god you are an idiot." Robbie says. "What?" Graham says. "Louri is a Marine and I have told you this." He scolds his friend. "And I'm a little Marine." Devon smiles. "Aww that's cute so you are going to join when you are older to be like your mom?" Graham asks, he doesn't know he can't ask that when Louri can hear. "I will come through this phone and drop kick you!" Louri yells. "Sit down Marine." Scarlett says sternly. "I don't want him to join, we've talked about this Scar." I know baby I don't want him to join either." Scarlett says softly. "Shit I can't breathe." Louri says. "Ok Liz I have to go. Louri is going into a panic attack. Please feel free to go full Wanda on him." Scarlett says and hangs up. "Louisa, will you stay with your Auntie? Graham with me now." Robbie's tone towards Graham is one I've never heard before he sounds like an angry big brother. "Is Uncle Robbie's friend in trouble?" Devon asks. "Yep. Don't worry your Uncle will take care of it." I tell him. "Oh I know he will because Uncle Robbie loves us. He told me that." Devon says oh god my ovaries.

Louri's POV

"Aww that's cute so you are going to join when you are older to be like your mom?" Graham asks, oh hell no! "I will come through this phone and drop kick you!" I yell. "Sit down Marine." Scarlett says sternly. "I don't want him to join, we've talked about this Scar." I say my breath is starting to get heavy. I always panic at the thought of my kids joining. "I know baby I don't want him to join either." Scarlett says softly. "Shit I can't breathe." I tell Scarlett. "Ok Liz I have to go. Louri is going into a panic attack. Please feel free to go full Wanda on him." Scarlett says and hangs up. "Shhh hey it's ok. Tell me where we are." Scar says. "My office at the base." I say as she rubs my back. "Very good. Tell me something you can smell." She says. "Um your vanilla shampoo." I tell her. "Good, you are doing great. Look Devon told me not to tell you but the counselor said we have to have full honesty." Scarlett says. "He told you he wants to join when he's older didn't he, oh god." I say panicking more. "Look at me." She says, grabbing my face gently and making me look at her. "He said he loves that he is your little Marine but he will only be your little Marine. I asked him what he meant and he said that if he became a real Marine then his nickname wouldn't be special anymore. He doesn't want to join." She says. "He said that?" I ask. "Yes he did. He asked me not to tell you because he thought you would be upset that he doesn't want to join." She says. "Thank fuck." I say resting my head against Scarlett's shoulder. "Oh shit we weren't able to ask if Liz and Robbie can watch the kids for a few days after Devon's birthday since the counselor said we should have time just for us." I say. "It's ok do you want to call them back now that you are not having a panic attack?" She asks. "Yeah let's do that." I say and Scarlett grabs her phone and calls Liz. "Hey Lor you doing ok?" Liz asks. "Yeah I am now. What is that sound?" I ask. "Oh Robbie is ripping Graham a new one. He thinks of you like the sister he never had. Don't tell him I told you." She says pointing a gardening shovel at the phone. "I won't." I say. "Uncle Wobbie is the bestest." Louisa says. "Yes he is." Liz smiles. "Ah young love." Scarlett jokes. "Honey, you still blush when people talk about us." I say. "Because what we have is the kind of love people write about and dream about." She says and I blush. "Ok so before we forget. Liz, do you think you could take the kids for a week after Devon's birthday?" Scarlett asks since I am hiding my face in her shoulder. "Yeah we love these little guys. Did it go ok today or do we have to prepare for something?" Liz asks worriedly. "She recommended we take time just for us. To talk everything through and anything we've been holding inside and work out a plan on how to address everything without having to worry about the kids." I tell her. "Good. I'm glad." She says. "Then when we go for our next appointment we tell her how it went." Scarlett says and I nod before resting my head back into the crook of her neck and she rests her head on mine.

A/N

Get ready for Devon's B-Day. We love a protective Robbie. Anygays see you in the next one.