Chapter #24

Chapter #24

April 14th 2022

Scarlett's POV

Yesterday Louri let me get out everything I have been feeling and now it's her turn today. "So whenever you are ready to start I'm ready to listen." I tell Louri as we just sit in bed together "Honestly Scarlett, what happened the other day is the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced in my whole life." Louri says. "That was the most terrifying thing you've experienced?" I ask shocked since she has been through literal torture. "Yes. I know some people who have been through all I have may say it was one of the most terrifying things. But the thought of not being here with you and the kids and not because of me dying is fucking terrifying." She says. "Do you remember how scared I was when I woke up from that nightmare about you leaving me when I was stationed in Germany?" She asks. "You were sobbing and told me no matter what you say, don't leave and take the kids." I tell her. "I wish I had taken that advice the other day." She says. "I'm sorry for suggesting that you burn our marriage certificate. I'm so fucking greatful for Liz and Flo because if Flo hadn't called Liz and get her over here. I think our worst nightmare would have come true. Now I would have come back on my hands and knees begging for forgiveness. Scarlett what scares me the most is I- I n-nearly l-left y-you and my k-kids. Oh my god my kids! I need my kids, I just need to hold them." Louri says jumping out of bed thank god her wounds are fully closed. "Louri you are going to fall." I say worried and to my surprise she runs out of the house without even limping but her breathing isn't so good. "No you aren't driving, give me the keys, I'll drive you." I tell her and she nods and jumps into the passenger's seat. "Louri please breathe, Liz lives less than five minutes away. "Louri!" I shout as she jumps out of the moving truck. "DEVON!!, GIRLS!!, THOMAS!!" She screams in a panicked mom voice running into Lizzie's house. "Hey what are you? Louri calm down, tell me what's wrong?" Robbie says surprisingly calm when she grabs him by the collar of his shirt. "Where are they? My kids Robbie I need my kids!" She yells. "In the garden Thomas is asleep." He says and Louri books it out the back door. "You didn't flinch when she grabbed you." I say. "Well I figured it had to do with the kids considering she was screaming for them when she came running in." He says. "Hey what happened?" Liz asked as she walked in and we see Louri holding all four kids the best she can. "We were talking about her feelings when it hit her like a brick wall that she nearly left the kids and it sent her spiraling. She just needed to hold them." I explained to them.

Louri's POV

"Mama what's wrong?" Devon asks. "Nothing is wrong now. I just wanted to hold you guys, that's all." I replied. "You are shaky." Maya states. "Oh I'm just cold, that's all." I lied. I'm not going to tell them that I nearly left them and their mother. "Mama you didn't have your walking sticks." Louisa says. "I guess I don't need them. I just need your mommy." I say as I see her walking toward us. "Come here hun let's have a big family hug." I tell her and she kneels down opposite of me so that the kids are in the middle. "Louri, do you want to take the kids home today?" Scarlett asks. "No, let's finish our week. I just needed to hold them." I tell her as the kids and Liz go back to what they were doing in the garden. "Thank you Baby for going along with my crazy." I chuckle. "Baby you just wanted to hold our kids. I don't think that's crazy. I think it's called being a mom." Scarlett says as we drive home.

A/N

A shorter one but anygays see you in the next one.