Chapter #2

Chapter #2
Mar 10th 2022
Scarlett’s POV
“Louri is on her way to UCLA Hospital as we speak. Greg is with her.” I hear Mildred say as she enters the house. “What?” I ask as I choke up, happy that she is alive. “She’s coming home honey, Sherman led the rescue team himself.” She says and I run into her arms. “I thought Sherman didn’t go out into the field anymore.” John says. “The Brig made an exception after Sherman reminded him of what Scarlett would do if Louri didn’t come home.” Mildred says. “Do you have any information on how she is?” Lisa asks. “She’s badly beaten and she had surgery for the bullet wounds at a hospital in Germany. Greg won’t leave her side; he blames himself for the beatings.” She says. “I’ll pack a bag.” I bolt up the stairs to our room and start to throw clothes into a bag. Most of them are Louri's. I even get a smaller bag and grab a couple pairs of sweats and sweatshirts for Louri because I know how much she hates hospital gowns. “I’m going, I've seen my little girl hurt too many times.” Lisa says I nod in understanding. “I think Louri wants the kids there. Most of her wounds can be covered by her shirt. Sherman told me that Louri saying something about you and the kids while at the M*A*S*H.” Mildred says. “I’ll pack a small bag for Devon. I know once he’s with her he won’t leave her. We can bring the twins and Thomas home later tonight.” Chris says and he and Devon go and pack a small bag. Mildred drives the escalade with Grace, me and the kids to the hospital. 

Greg’s POV
I am sitting in a chair next to Louri as I watch her breathe in and out. Most of her injuries were to her torso and shoulders. She's got a busted lip, a couple small cuts on her face and a small gash on her jaw that is now stitched up. She has thirteen broken ribs and her right hand is broken from fighting back and her left is badly bruised also from fighting back. She is the strongest woman I know with a bullet in her shoulder blade and a bullet in her calf. She still got up and fought but they broke her down. By the fifth day she accepted her fate and let them take her for the beatings without a fight. But she never screamed; she didn’t want to give them the satisfaction. “Greggy?” I hear Grace say as the door to the room opens and I look up to see her with our daughter Ella in her arms Scarlett is quick to follow with Thomas in her arms and the kids following behind her. “Mama!!” Devon yells and before anyone can stop him he jumps onto the bed right on top of Louri’s calf causing her to shoot up shouting in pain. “Fuck no! Devon get off!!” She shouts and he jumps down and runs to Scarlett. Louisa hides behind Scarlett at the sound of Louri raising her voice. “Hold on Lor.” I say and press the morphine button to help with the pain. “Why are they here?” She asks me, not even giving her family a glance. “You were talking about them at the M*A*S*H we assumed you wanted them here.” I tell her. “NO! I DON’T WANT THEM HERE!!.” She yells her voice is still cracked. “But Mama…” Devon says but Louri cuts him off. “OUT!! GET THEM OUT!!” She screams. “Ok I’ll take them back to the house.” Colonel Potter’s wife Mildred says. Louri nods and the morphine makes her tired and she closes her eyes and goes back to sleep.

Scarlett’s POV
⚠️Mentions of violence and torture⚠️
“She always apologizes to the kids when she raises her voice.” I say confused and I get her not wanting them to see her in a hospital bed again but why did she yell like that to get them out? “I didn’t know she would react like that if I did. I would have told you not to bring them.” I tell Scarlett as Grace sits next to me and hands me Ella who curls into me. “It’s not your fault Greg.” Scarlett says sitting on a chair on the other side of Louri’s bed. “I’m so glad you are home baby.” Grace says as she lays her head on my shoulder. “They took my prosthetic so all I could do was watch as they took her everyday for another beating. She never screamed.” Greg says choking up. “She didn’t want to give them the satisfaction.” He says and breaks down and has to hand Ella to Chris so Grace can comfort him. He might not have as many physical injuries as Louri but they sure as hell made sure he would have emotional ones. “I couldn’t do anything. I tried but I couldn’t. I tried Scarlett, I tried.” He cries. “Greg, I read the report of what happened. You jumped out of the chopper so she wasn’t alone. You did your best, I know you did.” I say. “Scarlett, they somehow got into her phone and would make her look at pictures of you and the kids when they beat her. Maybe that’s why she reacted the way she did to the kids.” He says and my heart clenches. “Seeing the kids caused her pain?” I ask, my voice breaking. “Maybe. I don’t know.” He says. “Ella is asleep.” Chris says pointing to the small couch in the corner of the room it’s now that I see how big the room is that’s probably Shermans doing. “Do you think she will have the same reaction to t-to me?” I ask, trying not to break down. “I honestly don’t know Scarlett.” Greg sighs. “Knock knock. I’m Dr. Gibson I’m in charge of the Lt Colonel’s care.” A woman about my age says as she comes in. “I’m Scarlett, her wife. That’s Chris, her brother and I assume you met Greg.” I say and she nods. “And that’s Greg’s wife Grace and their daughter Ella asleep over there.” I tell her. “I need to talk to the Lt Colonel. Can you wake her for me, Lieutenant Wilds? She didn’t react well when a nurse or I tried last time. She broke the nurse's nose.” Dr. Gibson tells me. “Yeah.” He says and stands and puts his hand on her good shoulder. “Hey Lor the doc wants to talk to you. Can you wake up for a little bit?” He says softly, rubbing her shoulder. “What do they want?” Louri grumbles. “I understand your son jumped onto the bed and landed on your leg. I need to take a look.” Dr. Gibson says. “Yeah sure, go ahead.” She says. “Louri I brought you some sweats. I know how much you hate hospital gowns.” I tell her and her head snaps over to me. “Why are you still here? I told you to get out!” She shouts. “Louri calm down, it's Scarlett.” Chris says. “And I told her to get OUT!” She shouts. “Ok I’ll be in the hall if you need me.” I tell her and I go to kiss her forehead and she turns away from me.

A/N
Well damn. Don’t worry it will get better. Anygays see you in the next one.