Chapter #15

Chapter #15

April 10th 2022

Louri's POV

"Ok do we have everyone?" I ask as I get in the car with Scarlett's help. "Yep the girls are in the back. Thomas is in his car seat behind you and Devon is in his car seat behind my seat." Scarlett says handing me my crutches. "Good. Are you guys excited?" I ask the kids. "I want to see the chimps." Devon says. "Oh you mean your uncle?" I joke. "I have an Uncle that's a chimp?" Devon asks, confused. "Look what you did." Scarlett giggles as she gets behind the driver's seat. "Jesus Christ, did your brother have to scoot the chair back so far?" She says pulling the seat forward. "You know what his response would be right?" I chuckle. "I'm not short." She says shooting me a glare. "I never said you were plus I'm only two inches taller." I say. "Whatever it's not my fault your brother is a giant." She says. "Uncle Chrissy is a giant?" Devon says in awe. "Yes, yes he is." I say. "Lor don't say that." Scarlett says. "But look at his face. How do I not tell him that. He has your eyes I can't say no." I tell her. "Have you talked to Chris since yesterday normally you talk everyday?" Scarlett asks. "Let's not ruin the day by bringing up my shitty family." I say my mood dropping a little. "Shitty is a fun word." Devon says. "Louri." Scarlett scolds. "No Devon my little Marine that's a grown up word remember what I said about grown up words?" I say. "That they are pussy, ass, fuck, shit, bitch, damn it, and motherfucker. But I'm not allowed to say those words." He says and my jaw is on the god damn floor. "Dear lord give me strength." Scarlett says. "What's wrong Mommy?" Devon asks. "Nothing angel don't worry I'm just fine I might leave your mother in the chimp exhibit but other than that everything is ok." She says. "Why are we leaving me in a chimp exhibit?" I ask. "Did you not just hear what came out of our nearly seven year old son's mouth?" She says. "Hey you taught him the worst of them. He screamed it at our wedding." I say. "Oh god don't remind me." She says trying not to laugh at the memory of Devon running around screaming 'pussy'.

Scarlett's POV

I can not believe what came out of his mouth. That is Louri's son that's for fucking sure. We pull into the parking lot of the zoo thankfully I have a temporary handicap badge so I can park up front and Louri won't have to walk across the large parking lot I know going around the zoo is going to be hard enough for her. "I thought I threw that away?" She says. "Nope you threw the decoy away. See I know how stubborn you can be so I scanned it in the printer and printed a fake one and hid this one so you wouldn't throw it away." I tell her. "You are very sneaky you know that." She chuckles. "Babe did you remember the sunscreen?" I ask. "NOOOOO!" Devon shrieks and unbuckles his seatbelt and jumps out of the car. "Damn it." Louri grunts getting out of the car much to my protest but she is at least using her crutches. "Devon Christopher Johansson-Evans get back here young man!" Louri yells in her mom voice before he can run too far. Devon starts to slowly make his way back to the car and Louri sits back down this time . "I don't like sun screen it feels icky." Devon says as he stands in front of Louri. "I know that buddy but you can't go running off like that it's not safe. Come here buddy." Louri says and picks him up I can see that she's in pain from doing so because she clenches her jaw. "Mama I thought you were hurt." Devon says. "You could never hurt me remember." She says and he wraps his arms around her neck as I get the girls ready. "Mama I'm sorry for running away." He says. "I know you are little marine. Let Mommy put your sunscreen on ok and don't fight her on it ok?" She says. "Yes Mama." He says and hops off her lap. "Is that Liz?" Louri says as a car pulls up to a stop. "Thanks Baby. I love you too." Liz says getting out of the car and I can see that Robbie is driving. "I thought you guys might need some help." Liz says. "You are a life saver really." Louri chuckles. "I'll go get on of those carts." Liz says. "Wait take this. Its our membership card." Louri says pulling out her wallet. "Thank you." Liz says and heads off to get a cart. "Louri is that a bullet?" I ask seeing a piece of crushed brass metal on the decretive metal part of her wallet. "Yep." She says like it's no big deal well I guess to her it isn't. "I tried to pull it apart once but it's practically fused on there." She shrugs and goes to unbuckle Thomas. "Louri I can." I start. "Scarlett I'm fine he's under the weight limit the doctor gave me." She says lifting him up with her injured arm since her good one is holding her crutch so hard her knuckles are white. "Come on snuggle bug. I'm going to set you down here while I get your hat." She says setting him in the passengers seat. "Ah here it is." She says and placing it on his head before picking him up again this time I hear her wince. "Louri I heard that." I say. "I'm fine Scarlett really." She says as Liz comes over with a little golf cart type thing except it's a little bigger than a regular golf cart.

A/N

Here's pt 1 of the zoo trip. Devon watch your mouth. Anygays see you in the next one.