Chapter #37

Chapter #37

April 29th 2022

Louri's POV

Louisa has been coming with me to work everyday this week because she won't leave my side if I put my uniform on Scarlett and I am getting worried so is her therapist she's been seeing. "Sweetie you know I love spending time with you right?" I ask. "Yes." She nods. "Honey, why have you been so clingy lately? You aren't normally like this." I say. "You get hurt at work, I protect you." She says. "Oh sweetie I'm safe here. I only get hurt sometimes when I go overseas. You know that right?" I say. "I protect." She huffs, crossing her arms. "Don't sass me little miss. I'm trying to talk to you and find out what's wrong." I say. "You my Mama I no want you hurt." She states I knew I shouldn't have let them visit me so often in the hospital. "Honey, you are four years old. I'm your Mama, it's my job to take care of you, not the other way around. Now tomorrow I have a bunch of meetings so you can't come with me to work." I tell her. "But." She says and I cut her off. "I will have Grandpa Sherman and Uncle Greggy with me. I'll be ok with them." I tell her. "Otay." She says finally giving in she definitely has my stubbornness.

April 30th 2022

Scarlett's POV

"Liz I am so worried I don't know how to help my own daughter. Look at her. She refuses to move from the foyer." I say stressed out to my best friend. Louisa has been really Clingy in the past but nothing like this. "She's still seeing that children's therapist right?" Liz asks. "Yes she is but she won't go unless Louri is with her." I say. "Liz I just want to help my baby girl but I don't know how." I say, I'm on the verge of tears. "Hopefully it's just a phase. And you are doing all you can do. You got her help and you are here for her. She knows that. Scar, you are doing great." Liz says. "I hope so. I just feel so helpless seeing my baby like this." I say. "I know. I'll make lunch. Why don't you go sit with her. I'll let you know if the monitor goes off." Liz says. "Thank you Liz." I say giving her a quick hug and go sit on the stair by my daughter and she instantly curls into my side. "You know Mama is going to be ok. She's just at some meetings." I say running my hand through her hair. "I still wait." She says. "Sweetheart Mama won;t be home for a while you can't sit here all day." I say softly. "Why not?" She asks looking up at me. "Because sweetheart you can't always wait by the door. You should do other things. Like playing with Gizmo or with your building blocks." I say. "Mama will be otay?" She asks. "Yes darling Mama will be just fine." I say with a soft smile. "Will you pway with me?" She asks cutely. "I'd love that." I say and we walk over to the play area in the living room. I'm just happy she's not sitting and staring at the door anymore. We ended up playing with the building blocks and a game of tag which wore her out so she's now taking a nap. "I'm glad you got her to do something other than stare at the door." Liz says. "Me too and lunch was great Liz thank you." I say. "Of course. I love to cook, you know that." She smiles. I don't know how much time passed because I ended up taking a nap on the couch but I woke up to someone placing a blanket over me and pressing a kiss on my cheek and I can smell the old spice so I know it's Louri. "How was work?" I rasp out. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you. You looked cold. But work was good, a little boring with the meetings but good." She says. "Louisa stared at the front door for three hours today." I tell her and her smile fades. "What have I done? I hurt her. She's scared that I'm in danger all the time and that's my fault." Louri says she's been blaming herself the whole time. "Baby you have got to stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault." I tell her, grabbing her hands gently. "Louri she's four she doesn't understand what happened and she doesn't understand your job that much either. It's not your fault." I try to tell her. "It feels like it's my fault. I can't help but blame myself and I'm worried about her." She sighs. "I know Baby and I'm worried too but right now we just have to help her understand that you are safe at the base and nothing will happen to you there." I say and she nods in agreement. "Why do you always have to be so logical?" She chuckles. "I'm not always logical but I do try my best to be." I say with a small chuckle of my own. "Can I give you a proper kiss now that you are up?" She asks. "I'd be offended if you didn't." I joke and she pulls me in for a kiss and I melt into her touch. "Why is the house so quiet?" I ask when we pull apart. "Liz took the kids out, said she wanted some Auntie time." Louri says. "So we have the house to ourselves." I smirk. "Yes we do." She says before pulling me in for another kiss this time it's more heated and hungry. And she carries me to our room where our clothes are quickly gotten rid of.

A/N

Hehe robbed. Anygays see you in the next one.