Chapter #6

Chapter #6
Mar 12th 2022
Louri’s POV
After Nurse Harvey changed my bandages I fell back asleep and woke up to the sound of Scarlett talking on the phone. I look at the clock on the wall and see that it’s only 11:00 hours which means I was only asleep for three hours. “Lisa it’s up to Louri if Louisa comes today or not. You know what happened. She’s been through a lot and she’s also beating herself up about not being able to look at the kids and even when she looks at me she doesn’t maintain eye contact for over a minute at a time. Ok just put Louisa on the phone please.” Scarlett sighs. “Hey sweet pea. Mama is resting right now. When she is ready for visitors I will tell you I promise.” She says. “Yes I know Mama said that you might be able to see her today but you have to remember that she said maybe and maybe doesn’t always mean yes.” Scarlett says. “No Louisa, don't cry sweetie. Your Mama loves you very much, she's just not up for visitors.” Scarlett says. “Tell Ma she can bring Louisa.” I croke out. “Are you sure?” She asks me. “Not at all but I don’t want my baby girl to be crying because of me.” I tell her. “Ok. Lisa, are you still there? Good Louri woke up and said you can bring Louisa.” Scarlett says. “Ok we will see you in fifteen minutes.” Scarlett says before hanging up. “Are you going to be ok?” Scarlett asks me. “Honestly I have no idea. But I could hear the crying through the phone and it broke my heart. Well just have Ma hold her in her lap.” I say. “Ok and remember I’ve got you and you are safe even if your mind tries to tell you otherwise you are safe.” She says.

Lisa’s POV
I walk into Louri’s room with Louisa on my hip. “Mama!” Louisa squeals and tries to get out of my arms. “Louisa sweetie, why don’t you stay with Grandma, I have a lot of boo boos and I can’t really give you a hug.” Louri says as if it was scripted. “Otay.” Louisa pouts at the fact that she can’t hug her mama. “How are you doing Sweetie?” Louri asks, barely looking at Louisa, just looking at her for a small amount of time. “I’m otay Mama. I miss you.” Louisa says. “I miss you too.” Louri says looking up at Louisa and gives her a genuine smile. “Are you sleepy, bug?” Louri asks. “A wittle.” She says. “Uh come here.” Louri says confidently. “I don’t want to hurt you.” She says. “You won’t. I don’t lie to you, do I?” Louri says. “No.” Louisa says. “Ok then why don’t you come here right in the middle.” Louri says. “Ma help her up please help her up.” Louri says and I nod and set the toddler between Scarlett and Louri so Louri can wrap her good arm around her the second Louisa is wrapped in her moms arms she is asleep. “Huh.” Louri says not taking her eyes off Louisa. “What?” Scarlett asks and Louri grins from ear to ear. “It doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I still want to do one kid at a time in person. But I know I can do it. Yeah part of my brain is telling me to run but like you safe I’m safe.” Louri says as she adjusts her hold on Louisa moving her to her chest despite the glare from Scarlett. “Louri you have broken ribs.” Scarlett scolds. “We had sex when I had broken ribs before. I think I’ll be ok plus I’m not in pain.” Louri says I think she forgot I was here. “Uhum, I'm still here.” I say. “I said what I said. Now I am a little tired so I am going to snuggle with my cuddle bug and take a nap thank you.” She says and closes her eyes. “Scarlett, when was the last time you left the room?” I ask. “Yesterday.” She says. “Come on, let's go to the cafeteria.” I tell her. “I promised Louri I..” Louri cuts her off. “Go honey we’ll be ok.” Louri says without opening her eyes. “Are you sure?” Scarlett asks. “Yes Scarlett, go. I have my phone if I need help.” Louri says.

Nurse Harvey’s POV
“We are going to get some food if the Colonel wakes before we get back please let me know.” Mrs. Colonel Evans says. “Yes ma’am.” I tell her. After the Colonel’s wife, and who I assume is her mother, leaves I go on my rounds on the Colonel and I see a little girl in the Colonel’s room awake laying next to the Colonel. There was no mention of a kid. “Little girl, are you lost?” I ask and she doesn’t reply. “Where is your Mommy?” I ask hoping she’ll tell me that the Colonel is her Mom. “I don’t know.” She says, oh wait, maybe the Colonel goes by Mama. “Is the Colonel your Mama?” I ask and she nods. “Ok, are you bored?” I ask and she shrugs. “Ok you stay here.” I tell her and she nods. “Hey Carolyn, where are the coloring supplies we keep for a patient's kids?” I ask my colleague. “Um other nurses station.” She says. “Thanks.” I tell her and head to the other side of the ward. I get what I need and make my way back to the Colonel’s room. I stop when I hear the Colonel talking to her daughter. “What do you mean sweetie? Did she try to hurt you while I was asleep?” She says softly. Oh I scared the little girl. I feel awful. I knock on the door so I don’t startle the pair. “Her.” The little girl says hiding in her Mama’s neck. “Hi I didn’t mean to scare your daughter. There was just no mention of her. I asked if she was lost then asked where her Mommy was she said she didn’t know so I figured you must go by Mama so I asked if you are Mama and she said yes I then asked if she was bored she nodded so I went to get these.” I explain everything that I did because if I woke up to my daughter scared by some person I would want to know exactly what happened holding up a coloring book and crayons. “Did you tell her who you were?” The Colonel asks seemingly now more relaxed and I cringe. “I didn't, that should have been my first move.” I say sitting down in one of the chairs. “Louisa is very shy and gets scared of people very easily. But thank you for explaining what happened.” The Colonel says. “Of course. Ms. Louisa can we have a do over?” I ask and she nods. “I am Nurse Harvey. I am helping take care of your Mama. and I brought you some coloring stuff.” I tell her. “Tank you.” She says side hiding in her Mama’s arms which I understand. “Here I will set them here on this table for you so I can give your Mama a check up.” I say and she nods. I set the stuff down on the small bed table for her and get to work. “Thank you for that.” The Colonel says gesturing to the coloring supplies. “Of course.” I say with a soft smile.

A/N
Aww that’s kind of Nurse Harvey to get Louisa those things. Anygays see you in the next one.