Chapter #32

Chapter 32

April 21, 2022

Scarlett's POV

After having to sit and watch Avengers AOU with the kids, we decided that we are going to have a picnic at the park. Lizzie said she would make the food to bring since we are allowing her to stay with us while Robbie is on tour and she also felt bad for messing with Louri. I get up from our bed and decide to change Thomas's diaper and get him ready for the day. "Louri, can you help the twins get ready please?" I ask her. "Yes Ma'am" she playfully salutes me and walks out of the room to the girls room. She is such a goof sometimes. Devon is still laying on our bed once I finish changing Thomas and getting him into a clean onesie and shorts since it's warm out today. "Devon sweetie, why don't you go and change?" I ask him. "How come nobody helps me?" He asks. "Well sweetie, you're our big boy, you've been getting dressed on your own for quite some time now." I say, sitting next to him. "But I'm still Mama's Little Marine," he says looking up at me. "That you are and you always will be, but we know that you can handle getting ready, which in turn helps Mama and I to be able to get them changed." I say to him. He sits and thinks for a couple of seconds and nods. "I guess you're right, I am a big boy and don't need help," he tells me, making me smile and boop his nose, making him giggle. He gets off the bed and heads over to his room. I lay Thomas in his bassinet while I decide to change really quick. I know he doesn't like being away from us for too long, he would start whining. But luckily I am able to change quickly and pick him back up before he gets a chance to.

Louri's POV

I am looking through the girls closet to see what they can wear for today. I decided to put Maya in these cute overalls and a teal t-shirt and I put Louisa in shorts and a purple t-shirt. I help them put their socks and shoes on and grab their hats and sunglasses to put in my backpack. I carry the girls downstairs and into the kitchen where Lizzie is and head back upstairs to our room. "Girls are all dressed and ready to go," I tell Scarlett. "Thank you baby," she says. I decided to change into jeans and a T-shirt not wanting to have my scars on display. We head downstairs and see Devon helping Lizzie with the food. I grab my backpack and put sunscreen, our sunglasses and hats in it. "Lor, are you going to be comfortable carrying that?" Scarlett asks me. I lift the backpack to check the weight and it seems to be light, "it's light, it won't bother me,"

I tell her, making her nod.

Lizzie's POV

I decided to make us some sandwiches, it is something light and I know the kids will love them. I also cut up fruit and grab some fruit snacks as well. I grab the picnic basket and put it on the counter and I put a stool by the counter so Devon can help me load up the basket. "This all looks so yummy Auntie Lizzie," he tells me. "Thank you sweetie," I tell him. He is such a great helper. We also put water bottles and juice boxes in it as well. Once we are finished, I close the basket and help Devon off the stool. "Ok we are all set," I tell Scarlett and Louri. "Alright kids let's head outside and into the Escalade," Scarlett says. Louri takes Louisa and Maya's hands and walks outside with them, I grab Devon's hand and the basket and head outside and Scarlett follows behind us with Thomas. Once Louri helps the girls into their car seats, she quickly goes and locks up the house. Scarlett gets Thomas into his car seat and gives him a rattle toy to keep him occupied. Devon climbs in back and buckles himself in. I place the basket in the trunk and get in and sit next to Devon. Louri comes and opens the door for Scarlett, always a gentlewoman. She then gets into the driver's seat herself and we head off to the park.

A/N: hey everybody Chris here. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you all in the next one