Chapter #26

Chapter #26

April 16th 2022

Lizzie's POV

Robbie and I have been taking care of the kids for four days now. Louri and Scarlett call everyday around noon; except yesterday when Louri had a panic attack and came running through the house to the kids. But right now Thomas and the twins are helping me in the garden as Robbie continues to give Devon some guitar lessons. They are out on the back porch. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were playing till I heard Robbie speak up. "Ok so I know this is your Mama's favorite Milo Green song and probably the only one she listens to so now that I've taught you how to play it so when you do your video call later we can play it together for her. Let's practice ok." He says. And they begin to play 'Don't You Give Up On Me' together and they practice multiple times so Devon can play it because he really wants to. "Auntie Liz Mama is calling." Maya says. So I picked up the phone and answered the video call. "I swear they are always in the garden." Scarlett laughs. "Maybe they actually live in it." Louri jokes. "Mama, that's silly." Devon says coming over with his guitar in hand Robbie does the same. "Hey Devon, is Uncle Robbie giving you some more lessons?" Scarlett says. "Yeah we practiced Mama's favorite song from Uncle Robbie's band so we can play it and Mama can sing." He says. "Oh I would love that." Louri says. Robbie sits down and Louisa climbs onto his back just like how Maya is on mine and Thomas is in his rocker next to me. "Are you ready Mama?" Devon asks. "I'm ready when you are." She says. Robbie and Devon start to play and Louri starts to sing along and the way Scarlett looks at Louri as if the whole world has faded away.

"I'll go, I'll go"

"I'll go wherever you go"

"And I will never leave without"

"Letting you know"

"Don't you give up on me"

"You're told, you're told"

"You're told you'll never get old"

"So don't you ever show us"

"Show us your bones"

"'Cause I'll dig, I'll dig"

"I'll dig our own little hole"

"Put the walls around us"

"And call it our home"

"Don't you give up on me"

"'Cause you're all I got"

"'Cause time won't stop"

"I'll go, I'll go"

"I'll go wherever you go"

"I'll go, I'll go"

"I'll go wherever you go"

"Don't you give up on me"

"Don't you give up on me (ooh, oh)"

"You did great Devon, you are better than me." Louri says; sometimes I forget she plays because she only plays on deployment. "You three sounded amazing together." Scarlett says, finally turning her attention back to the screen. "You guys stay with Uncle Robbie. I'm going to just have a few minutes alone to talk with your mommies." I said to them and walked into the house. "Scarlett, Louri put on a shirt." I say. "I will not. Nothing is showing, just our shoulders and up." Scarlett says and Louri nods. "I thought Louri couldn't have sex yet?" I say with a raised eyebrow. "You know I can have naked cuddles with my wife if I want to." Louri says. "How has it been going? You guys don't have tear stained eyes today." I say. "It's been really good. I was able to tell Louri all my fears that I've been keeping to myself and she was able to do the same." Scarlett says. "We agreed that I would not hide any wounds I may get that aren't bad enough to send me home anymore." Louri says. "I'm glad this is helping and you aren't just fucking your problems away." I tell them. "Nope we are doing both." Louri smirks. "I thought you were just having naked cuddles, you nasties." I say. "Hey it's not my fault that Scarlett's.." Louri is cut off by Scarlett clamping her hand over her mouth. "Don't tell her or I won't do it for three months." Scarlett says and Louri's eyes go wide and nods. "You two are nasty." I cringe. "We have a week alone. And Louri actually can have sex just can't do certain positions." Scarlett says and Louri wiggles her eyebrows. "But in all seriousness we are doing more talking than fucking." Louri says. "Good because you scared the fuck out of me last week. Now I've got to go because Louisa just pulled up my oregano." I say and hang up. "I tried to stop her." Robbie says. "I can plant more, it's ok." I say. "Look Auntie, I got some weeds out." Louisa says proudly holding my oregano.

A/N

Oh sweet little Louisa. That is the only Milo Green song I know. Anygays see you in the next one.