Chapter #8

Chapter #8
Mar 13th 2022
Scarlett’s POV
It’s one in the morning and Louri is running down the stairs causing the stitches to rip. Since the elevator apparently isn’t fast enough to get to the security office where Devon is. “LOURI YOU ARE BLEEDING GET BACK IN BED!! I  WILL GET DEVON!!” I scream after my panicking wife. “I’ll get back in bed when I get Devon in my arms!” She calls over her shoulder. We called Lisa the minute we were told where he was, which was just minutes after Louri ran out of the room and screamed at the nurses to find him. “Louri, at least get in fucking a wheelchair.” I say as we get to the first floor. “After we get Devon.” She says and practically breaks down the door to the security office. “Where is he!” She yells at the first guy she sees. “Are you two Devon’s mothers?” He asks. “Yes now where is he?” She says. “He’s back here.” He says. “Mama! Mommy!” Devon yells and runs to us. “Hey it’s ok we’re here now.” Louri says. “Sir, could you please get my wife a wheelchair?” I ask. “Yes I can. I'll be right back for now if you could sit here please.” He tells Louri as he pulls he pulls his chair out. “Thank you.” Louri thanks him and sits down and has Devon climb into her lap and she just holds him with her good arm. “You scared me little Marine.” She says to Devon as he puts his head in the crook of her neck. “I missed you. I wanted my mommies.” He says, clinging onto her tags. “We missed you too. But Devon you can not do this again. You can’t leave the house alone.” I tell him. “Am I in trouble?” He asks. “Yes and your punishment is that you have to watch Sing with me and stay with me for a little while.” Louri says. “But before we do we are going to have a talk about what you did tonight.” Louri says.

After we got back to the room Louri and I had a long talk about safety with Devon and why what he did was dangerous. Louri never let go the whole time. “What the hell was going through your head? You left a trail of blood behind you.” I scold. “I was scared!” Louri whisper yells so as to not wake Devon. “You are going to be here an extra week because you hurt your leg. I know you love the kids. But Louri you can’t keep putting your health at risk. What if you had passed out on the stairs? You could have gotten hurt even worse.” I say. “I wasn’t thinking, I just wanted to make sure he was ok.” She says. “And you think I didn’t?” I say. “I didn’t say that I know you were just as scared as I was.” She says. “I was also scared that you would be hurt even worse. I don't like watching you bleeding out. It brings back some not so pleasant memories, Louri.” I say as I start to pace. “Ok calm down.” She says and she is about to get up. “Get your ass back down.” I say. “Yes ma’am.” Louri says laying back against her pillow. “Scarlett please stop pacing and come here.” She says gesturing to the spot next to her with her head. “Just don’t scare me like that.” I say as I sit down and take her good hand. “I’m sorry for scaring you. Lay down with us there is enough room if you lay on the other side of Devon.” She says and I nod and do just that.

I wake up the next morning with Devon in between Louri and I with Lisa in the chair by Louri’s bed startling me. “Agh shit Lisa you scared me.” I say grabbing my chest. “Sorry dear I didn’t mean to. I got here about fifteen minutes ago. And before you panic Chris is with Thomas and the twins.” She says. “I wasn’t going to panic.” I lie. “Scarlett dear I know you. You are a very protective mama bear.” She chuckles. “You know he is going to fill them up with sugar.” I tell her. “I didn’t think of that.” She says. “I just wanted to check on Devon. I was really worried last night. I put a passcode on my phone and he can't get in it. I’m so sorry. I understand if you don’t want me to watch the kids again.” She says. “I am a little upset with you. I mean how did he get your phone? He took a fucking Uber Lisa. He will be seven next month. Lisa, he could have gotten hurt. You are right, I don't want you watching them alone for a little while.” I say. “Hey I get it. I dropped the ball.” She says. Dropped the ball, is she serious? My six nearly seven year old son took an Uber in the middle of the night to the hospital. “DROPPED THE BALL!?” I snap waking both Louri and Devon. “What’s going on?” Louri asks, putting her hands over Devon’s ears. “Your mother calls letting our six nearly seven year old son take her phone and order an Uber to the hospital in the middle of the night ‘dropping the ball’.” I say using air quotes. “Ok I used the wrong words. I messed up.” Lisa says. “You think. Ma I ran down the stairs causing my stitches in my leg to rip open.” Louri says and Lisa hangs her head. “Ok I am going to go. I don’t want Devon to hear us fighting.” She says standing up and grabbing her purse. “Is Grandma in trouble?” Devon asks. “Don’t worry about it little Marine. Let us take care of it, you don’t need to worry.” Louri tells him. “Can we watch Sing 2 now?” He asks. “Yeah sure I’ll pull it up.” I say even though I don't want to watch it because I’m in it but I enjoy watching the kids' reactions to seeing me in a movie. I love to watch as Louri and Devon sing along to the music and Louri tries to do the different voices but she fails miserably and it makes Devon and I laugh.

A/N
Don’t mess with a panicked Mom, they will do anything and Devon is just fine. Anygays see you in the next one.