Chapter #13

Chapter #13

March 25th 2022

Scarlett's POV

"Ha uno again! Babe you really suck at this game." Louri says. "I do not." I pout. "Awe don't pout Babe. Come here." She says and kisses my pout away. "Better?" She asks. "Much." I smile. "One more round." I say. "You are as stubborn as the twins." She laughs then I see something click in her eyes and a hint of sadness in them. "Baby what is it?" I ask. "I forgot the twins fourth birthday." She says then puts her head in her hands. "How could I forget my two little girls birthday? I am a horrible mother." She says begining to cry. "Hey don't you dare say that. You are a great mother. It's not your fault you are stuck in the hospital." I tell her as I pull her into my arms. "Are they mad at me?" She asks. "Is who mad Mama?" Maya asks from the doorway how sis she get here. "MAYA I TOLD YOU DON'T RUN FROM ME!!" I hear a panicked Lizzie yell from down the hall ah that makes sense Liz brought them and Maya has a guilty look on her face. "Maya did you run from your Aunt?" Louri asks after composing herself. "I was exwited to see you." She says. "Well come here then. And it's pronounced excited." Louri says and I let go of Louri and help Maya into the bed. "That is one fast child." Lizzie says when she gets to the room with Devon holding her hand and Robbie holding Louisa he is a sucker for them. "Maya apologize to your Aunt for disobeying." I tell her. "Sworry Aunt Wizze." She says curling into my side. "Thank you Maya. But please don't do that again. If I tell you to stay with me I need you to listen." Liz says. "Do you understand what your Aunt is telling you?" Louri asks Maya and she nods her head yes. "I didn't know you guys were coming today. I am happy you did though." Louri says as Louisa takes her spot in Louri's lap and Devon sits on the bed facing Louri and I. "Uh where is Thomas?" I ask. "Oh he's back at the house with your mom." Liz says. "What? I told my ma to stay away from the kids till Scarlett and I decide otherwise." Louri says trying to stay as calm as she can. "Not Lisa. Melanie, you didn't know she flew in?" Liz says. "No I didn't when did she get here?" I ask. "Last week. She and Lisa had a screaming match. I swear those two can't be in the same room." Liz says. "Auntie Lizzie you said it's bad to swear." Devon says and I chuckle at Liz's shocked expression. "She meant a different kind of swear than what is not allowed." I explain. "That makes no sense." He says. "You will understand when you are older." Louri says. "You always say that." He pouts. "And I always mean it." Louri tells him.

Louri's POV

I didn't know that Liz was going to bring the kids today but I'm glad she did and she brought them just at the right time. "Hey girls I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I promise to make it up to you." I tell them. "It otay Mama you had to save the world and that made you have to stay here for a little bit." Maya says well damn she's one mature four year old. "I still want to do something. How about we have a family day at the zoo when I get out of here." I say. "Can Awntie Lizzie and Uncle Wobbie come? They are really cool. Uncle Wobbie is in a band." Louisa says proud of her uncle and Liz smiles proudly. "Louisa can you tell me the name of Robbie's band?" Liz asks. "Wilo Green!" She cheers me up. I didn't know she knew this stuff. "I may or may not have been having them listen to some of Milo Green's music don't worry I made sure the songs they listened to were appropriate." Robbie admits. "I don't mind." Scarlett says. "Yeah neither do I.'' I tell him. "Good I was surprised when they started to ask to listen to it in the car." He says. "Well I guess that means they enjoy your music." I tell him. "Who is your favorite artist Louri?" He asks. "Uh Sam Mily have you heard of her?" I say (A/N: See what I did there). "Yeah she does a lot of emotion based music." He says. "Yeah I really enjoy it because it's more emotionally driven." I tell him. "Enough about music, how are you doing, Louri?" Lizzie asks. "Well I had a little heart rate spike last night." I say. "Oh no what happened? I didn't know you were having heart issues." Lizzie is genuinely concerned for me. "She's fine Lizzie don't worry." Scarlett says and her face is as red as her name. "Why are you as red as the tomatoes in my garden?" Lizzie asks Scarlett. "Because she's the reason my heart rate spiked if you catch my drift." I say with a smirk. "Oh my god! In the hospital? You two are nasty." Lizzie scolds. "Hey we didn't even get to finish because the damn nurses came rushing in due to my heart rate spiking." I say genuinely upset that we were stopped. "Just turn off the monitor next time." Robbie shrugs and Lizzie looks at him in utter shock. "Robbie!" Lizzie scolds. "That's not a bad idea." I tell Scarlett. "No, they would think you flatlined and bring in the crash unit and crash cart." Scarlett points out. "You two are nasty little rabbits." Lizzie says. "I love wabbits!" Maya cheers oops I almost forgot they were here they are being so quiet. "Not that kind of rabbit sweetheart." Scarlett says. "Then what kind?" Devon asks. "No need to worry about what kind." I tell him and he just nods.

A/N

A little shorter but damn Lor stop being dirty. Ha like that's gonna happen. Anygays see you in the next one.