Chapter #34

Chapter #34

April 21st 2022

Louri's POV

"Wow Elizabeth you sure are a good cook. If you ever gave up acting you could be a chef." Papa Sherman says. "Thank you, that's very nice but I enjoy what I do." Liz says. "What about Mama's cooking?" I ask him. "Yes Sherm, what about my cooking?" Mama asks with a raised eyebrow. "Divine love, your cooking is divine." He says with a smile. "Good answer." She says kissing his cheek. "You tried getting him in trouble." Scarlett nudges my arm. "No, I just wanted to see what her reaction would be. You are right, I was trying to cause mischief." She says. "Can I help with mischief?" Devon asks wiggling his way between Scarlett and I. "That is your child." Lizzie laughs. "Silly string is in the car, let's go get it." I whisper to him. "Where are you two going?" Scarlett asks. "Just have to get something from the car." I say. "Mama, do you always have silly string in the car?" Devon asks. "Of course I do. I never go anywhere without at least six cans." I tell him and it's true I never do. "So three each?" He asks. "Look at you being a little mathematician." I say as we get the silly string from the car. "Here you can hold the extra can in your belt like this." I show him how to be able to carry his three. "Ok little Marine lets go." I say and he has a devilish smile on his face. "Ok so we sneak up behind them and get your Aunt." I tell him. "Ok go!" I say and we run up behind everyone and Lizzie is our target.

Lizzie's POV

"So Mr. and Mrs. Potter and you've known Louri for a long time right?" I ask. "Please dear call me Mildred and yes we have known her since she was fresh from bootcamp." She says. "Please call me Sherman and Louri was the first female Marine I ever had under my command and I am one lucky man that it was her." He says. "She really looks up to you guys and.... urgh!! LOURI!!" I shout as I am covered with silly string. "I GOT HER MAMA!!" Devon cheers. "Keep going, Little Marine! Maya, Louisa help us get your Aunt!" Louri says handing them each a can of silly string and they do what their Mama tells them. "That's for this morning." She says as she sprays me with silly string and I am in shock of the betrayal of my nieces. I know Devon will always cause chaos with Louri but the girls damn. "That's enough guys you did great." Louri says taking the silly string cans from the kids. "What happened this morning?" Sherman asks. "Elizabeth here nearly gave me a heart attack." Louri says and we go on to explain what happened and Louri's panic about holding a woman who wasn't Scarlett which Mildred thought was cute that Louri refuses to hold anyone but Scarlett like that. "I may have planned this silly string ambush in advance so Liz there is an extra set of your clothes in the car." Louri says. "Thank you and where do I change?" I ask. "The escalade's windows are blacked out so paps can't see the kids you can change in there no one can see inside." Scarlett says. "Ok thank you and Louri six cans really?" I say. "I always keep a stock in each car." Louri says proudly and Scarlett just shakes her head.

Scarlett's POV

After the silly string attack Liz had to go to the escalade to change. I'm glad Louri was kind enough to pack an extra set of clothes for Liz. "Hdfjf." Thomas gurgles as he reaches out to where Louri is who is playing with the girls and Devon is playing go fish with his grandma and grandpa. "I think this little guy wants his Mama." I say to the three playing cards as I stand and walk to the playground. "Hey you three." I say catching their attention. "Mommy! Mama is the tickle monster save us!" Maya says. "Oh she is huh? I'll see what I can do." I say with a smile. "Hey tickle monster." I say as I go to Louri who is catching her breath. "I'm a marine and all it takes is two little four year olds to make me out of breath." She chuckles. "You are still recovering babe plus we'll swap because this little guy wants you." I say gesturing to Thomas. "Does the little man need Mama? Come here bubs." She says as I hand him over to her. "Ok girls Mommy is the new tickle monster ok." Louri says and they just smile and giggle and I pretend they are faster than me as I chase them around the playground as Louri goes back up to join everyone else and it seems Liz is back.

A/N

More cuteness. Anygays see you in the next one.