Chapter #10

Chapter #10
March 21st 2022
Scarlett’s POV
⚠️Nightmare⚠️
I wake up to the sound of the heart monitor going nuts and I see Louri thrashing around in her sleep ”I won’t let you hurt her!” She says in a protective tone.. “Louri baby wake up please!” I yell as the night nurse comes in.”NO! I can’t” Louri cries. “COLONEL YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!!!” She shouts. “Shit! GET A CRASH CART IN HERE!!” She yells when she sees how high Louri’s heart rate is. “SCARLETT!!” She screams in her sleep, her voice filled with pain. “Ma’am you need to go to the hallway or stand by her head, If she goes into cardiac arrest it won’t be a pretty sight.” The nurse says and I nod. “TAKE ME NOT HER PLEASE!! NO!!!” She sobs in her sleep and starts to gasp for air. “I’ve seen worse. Just help her.” I say now I’m sobbing. “I swear to god I will kill you, you son of a bitch! Scarlett baby no.” She cries. “Louri I’m here honey wake up please!” I sob.

Louri’s POV
⚠️Violence and Gore⚠️
No, I'm back in the cell. “Louri?” I hear Scarlett’s voice call out from where Greg should be. “I’m here Baby. What are you doing here?” I ask. “No man left behind.” She says and then the door opens. “Take that one.” The leader says pointing to Scarlett. “I won’t let you hurt her!” I protectively and I start to fight the men off the best I can from letting them get to her. “Louri stop, just let them take me!” She sobs seeing me get beaten the hell out of. “NO! I can’t!” I cry as I keep fighting but it’s a losing battle for me. They restrain me and go for her. “SCARLETT!!” I scream terrified of what will happen. “NO TAKE ME NOT HER PLEASE!! NO!!!” I scream at the top of my lungs. “It’s ok. Take care of the kids. I love you.” She says as they put a gun to her temple and pull the trigger. “I swear to god I will kill you, you son of a bitch!” I say as they toss her dead body back in the cell and I just hold her. “Scarlett baby no.” I cry. “Louri I’m here honey wake up please!” I hear Scarlett sobbing. I’m dreaming this has to be a nightmare.
⚠️End of violence and gore⚠️
Scarlett’s POV
Louri’s eyes shoot open as she gasps for breath. “Scarlett where’s Scarlett?” She pants. “I’m right here baby. I’m right here.” I tell her softly. “Colonel, we need to get your heart rate to slow down.” The nurse says and an idea pops in my head. I lay on the bed on Louri’s good side and wrap my arms around her and I see her heart rate goes down a little bit so I decide to do the other part of my idea.
“Wise men say”
“Only fools rush in”
“But I can't help falling in love with you”
“Shall I stay?”
“Would it be a sin”
“If I can't help falling in love with you?”

“Like a river flows”
“Surely to the sea”
“Darling, so it goes”
“Some things are meant to be”
“Take my hand,”
“Take my whole life, too”
“For I can't help falling in love with you”

“Like a river flows”
“Surely to the sea”
“Darling, so it goes”
“Some things are meant to be”
“Take my hand,”
“Take my whole life, too”
“For I can't help falling in love with you”

I sing our song and by the end her heart rate is back to normal. “So we just have to sing Elvis to get the Colonel’s heart rate down.” The nurse chuckles. “No I do. It’s our song.” I say and Louri curls further into me. “Ok we’ll be at the nurses station if you need us. Let’s go guys.” The nurse says to the crash team. They take the crash cart with them as they leave the room, closing the door behind them. “If it’s between you and I let them take me you understand.” Louri says sitting up and looking directly into my eyes. “What? Is that what you were dreaming about?” I ask, placing my hand on her cheek. “Yeah. They t-they.” I cut her off. “You don’t have to say it. I think I know what they did by the way you were screaming.” I tell her, running my hand that was on her cheek through her hair. “How did you know how to lower my heart rate?” She asks. “I know that physical touch comforts you and I’ve heard you sing the song when your anxiety is bad.” I tell her. “You are a very observative woman.” She chuckles. “You do the same.” I say. “Well it’s kinda part of my job to be observant.” She says. “True.” I say and I look at the clock. “My phone’s going to ring in about thirty minutes.” I say since Devon calls every morning. “Are you going to be ok talking to him and the others?” I ask not wanting to overwhelm her. “Yeah I think it might do me some good.” She says. An hour goes by and my phone still hasn’t rung and Devon is like Louri he is always on time. “Excuse me but you have visitors, Colonel.” Nurse Harvey says and then three little bodies run to the bed but are careful not to hurt Louri and Chris follows with Thomas in his arms. “Sorry we didn’t call, we missed you too much for a call.” Devon says. “It’s ok little Marine this is much nicer than a call.” Louri says doing her best to hold all three kids close with her good arm. It's a good thing her bed is fairly big for a hospital bed. “I’ll take him.” I say to Chris and he hands me Thomas. “Uh not to ruin the moment but um. When are you going to talk to Ma?” Chris asks. “When I’m not pissed about her putting my son in danger with her incompetence.” Louri says angry. “Lor it was an accident and she’s our ma and Scarlett she’s your mother in law!” Chris shouts and Lousia lets out a small whimper and buries herself impossibly  closer to Louri. “Don’t raise your voice, you know it scares Louisa.” Louri says in a stern voice. “I didn’t mean to, I’m sorry Louisa.” He says and she nods but doesn’t leave Louri’s side.

A/N
Well I’m going to bake and eat a cake because my PTSD is a bitch. Anygays see you in the next one.