Chapter #36

Chapter #36

April 22nd 2022

Scarlett's POV

We all walk into the base with a kid in our arms. Louri has Louisa and I have Thomas and Liz has Maya. "Guys, look, it's the Lt. Colonel!" I hear someone call out and I think it was Walter. "Yeah it's her first day back dummy." Janet says I like her, she's got sass and the kids love her too even though she is fairly new they loved her immediately. "Oh my god is that? It's Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen!" Greg being the ass he is says in a horrible fan girl voice. "Hey that's Johansson-Evans thank you." I correct. "Hey Greg." Liz laughs he's one of the few of Louri's Unit that she knows. "Hey and look, they're my favorite people." He says kissing each kid on the head. "Where's Dev?" He says. "Um what?" I ask, I know who he's talking about but that's not his name. "You know, a cute seven year old looks like my favorite idiot." He says ruffling Louri's hair making me and Liz laugh and Louri glare at him. "I know who you're talking about." I say. "Yeah Dev the man. You know the nickname I gave him when he was born." He says. "Oh that's better than the nickname Chris tried to give him. But to answer your question he had school." I tell him as he walks with us to Louri's office. "Where's my nameplate?" Louri asks, pointing to her door. "On your new office door." He smiles. "New office?" She asks. "Yeah Colonel potter switched offices with you since you bring at least one kid with you a lot so he thought you might want more room so you have his old office and he moved into this one we moved your things and added a few things." He says.
Louri's POV

"Is he here?" I ask. "Yep waiting for you in your office with your morning coffee as usual. Oh and he has a special guest for you too." Greg says. "Ok thanks Greg." I tell him and he smiles and gives the kids each a kiss on the head before heading back to the rest of the unit. "My grandbabies!" Mama cheers as I open the door and rushes over and Maya practically leaps from Lizzie's arms into Mama's "Hi Mama good to see you too." I say as I hug Papa and take my coffee from him. "Yes I love you too but I don't get to see them two days in a row." She says. "Should we pull Devon out of school so he doesn't miss time with his grandparents?" I ask. "YES! I will call the school myself and go get him." Mama says handing Maya back to Liz and runs out of the office. "Can I disown Lisa?" I ask. "We basically did." Scarlett asks. "Lou what's wrong?" Papa asks Louisa him and Mama are the only ones she lets call her that. "I'm protecting Mama." She says. "Well she's safe here you know that. Can I have a quick hug and then I'll give you right back to your Mama." He says and she smiles knowing he's the one who came to get me and she wiggles out of my arms and into his, giving me time to set up my computer. "Um babe the school is calling." Scarlett says, showing me her phone. "Put it on speaker." I say. "Mrs. Johansson is Mrs Evans with you?" the woman sounds panicked. "Yes she is. Is everything ok?" She asks. "I don't know how to say this but some woman called claiming to be Devon's Grandmother and took him." She says and I burst out laughing. "That is his Grandma Mildred." I tell her. "Oh thank god I was going to call the police after I got off the phone with you. That explains why Devon looked happy to see her. So she's authorized to take him out of School?" She asks. "Yes, her name is Mildred Potter. You can add Sherman Potter to the list of people allowed to take him out of school." Scarlett says. "Ok. Thank you for confirming. I was terrified that the marine corps would come after me." She chuckles. "Only if you let Lisa Evans take him." I say. "But she's on the list." The woman says. "Take her off, she's not allowed to go near him or any of my family." I say sternly. "Understood. Oh Devon was very happily bragging about how you are going back to work today and that you are a Lt. Colonel, so have a good first day bye." She says. "That poor woman." Papa says. "Lt. Colonel. Welcome back." The General says walking in. "Thank you sir." I say standing at attention so does Papa The General return our salutes. "I saw Mildred run out of here yelling something like 'Grandma's coming sweetie!' I assume she's getting Devon since I don't see him." The General says with a chuckle. "That would be correct." I say. "Well I just wanted to say welcome back and have fun with your paperwork." He chuckles knowing how annoying it is. "Thank you sir." I say and he nods and leaves.

After a while I am doing my work as Papa teaches the girls checkers and Liz and Scarlett just watch and help every once in a while if one of the girls gets stuck and I have Thomas on my lap I have declared him my little helper for now and after a little bit Mama comes in with Devon and ice cream oh lord. "Mama Grandma got us all ice cream." Devon says happily. "It's ten in the morning." I groan. "I got you some too." She says. "Well that's different." I say and she passes out the ice cream. Devon helped her figure out what flavor to get everyone. "Thanks for switching offices Papa. It really does help me not having to squish everyone in that smaller office." I say. "Of course and your bottom desk drawer was locked so we just brought your desk in and put mine in the old office." He says since our desks are the same. "Thank you." I say there is a reason why that drawer is locked and it doesn't have anything to do with my job. "Why are you blushing? Oh wait ew! Louri Dollese in your work desk really?" Liz says. "I don't understand." Mama says. "Don't worry about it Mama." I say glaring at Liz. "Oh is it her strap for when she and Scarlett think they are being sneaky but really the whole base hears them." Mama says and my jaw drops. "The whole base?" I ask. "Unfortunately yes I was here one of the times." She says. "Ok let's drop this conversation. There are little ears here." Scarlett says her face is red as a tomato. "Agreed, I don't want to talk about that. No uh huh I never even want to think about it." Papa says.

A/N

Well Mama Mildred spilled some secrets. Anygays see you in the next one.