Chapter #50

Chapter #50

May 7th 2022

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett. Scarlett." Louri mumbles in her sleep waking me up. I go to wake her up thinking it's a nightmare but she isn't showing any other signs. "You have to catch it." She says. "Catch what Hun?" I ask. "The brisket it's flying away, you have to help me catch the brisket." She says. "Hun what brisket?" I ask. "The one that's flying!" She flails her arm into the air and back down. "Hun, are you awake?" I ask thinking she might be messing with me. "It got away." She whines and tears fall down her face so I decide to wake her. "Louri, it's time to wake up." I say rubbing her arm. "What's wrong?" She asks. "You tell me." I say, trying not to laugh. "I was talking in my sleep again wasn't I?" She asks and I nod. "Something about needing me to help you catch a flying brisket." I say, I'm no longer able to hold in my laughter. "Don't laugh at me, it was a dream." She pouts. "It was funny." I say. "I'm going to Devon's room. He is always up for snuggles." She says and gets out of bed but I jump on her back pulling her back down onto the bed with me which makes her laugh. "I'm sorry. It was kinda funny I won't laugh at you." I say. "I'm just glad it wasn't a nightmare." I add. "It was the damn brisket got away before I could eat it!" She laughs. "Baby if you want a brisket that badly you can always make one." I tell her. "But I'm too lazy. Do you know how long it takes to smoke a brisket?" She says. "No I don't." I tell her. "Eleven hours." She says. "Holy shit." I exclaim. "Exactly. Now it's still early and I don't have work. Let's go back to sleep." She says.

I wake up to the sound of laughter coming from one of the kids' rooms. When I exit Louri and I's room, I can tell the laughter is coming from Maya's room. Judging by the time Louri already took Devon to school and Louisa to preschool. I can see Thomas in a rocker in the room with them. "You were nervous when you met Mommy?" Maya laughs. "I was very nervous. I had trouble talking. I was so nervous." Louri says. "But Mommy is one of the nicest people I know." Maya says. "She is, that's very true." Louri tells her. "Then why nervous?" Maya asks. "Well, I had been a fan of your mommy's movies that she had been in before we met so I had a crush on her." Louri says. "Then why did you and Mommy take so long to be a couple?" She asks. "Well that's a conversation for when you're older." I say making my presence known. "Agh! Jesus!" Louri jumps, falling off Maya's bed and onto the floor. "Ow." Louri groans but it makes Thomas laugh his cute little laugh. "I didn't mean to startle you Baby." I say. "It's ok. It seems Thomas enjoys my suffering." Louri jokes as she stands up. "You did flail your arms in a jack sparrow type way." I say. "Uh hu." She hums. "Mama was telling me how you met." Maya says excitedly. "I heard." I say as I sit next to her on her bed as Louri picks up Thomas and then sits on the small chair next to the bed we use when we read them stories at night. "What did you think when you met Mama?" Maya asks. "Well, I was filming a movie with your Uncle Chris, and he was always talking about his sister who was a lieutenant in the marines." I say. "That's Mama!" Maya says happily and I nod. "Yes, it is. I got to know a little bit about her from the stories your uncle told me. He was especially proud that she's in the marines. He would say that she's the best the marine to exist." I tell her a little bit of what Chris would say. "I remember when I asked what she's like he wouldn't stop talking about how caring and protective and most of all how she's a big kid at heart." I continue. "When we met, she was a nervous wreck and red as a tomato." I chuckle which makes Louri blush and Maya giggle. "I instantly felt a sense of safety when I met your Mama. At that moment I knew she was a safe person and I wanted her in my life. At first, we were just friends. But the first time your Mama got hurt after we met, that's when I knew. I knew I liked her more than a friend. But I was too scared to admit it at the time. And when I was filming the first Avengers movie me, and your mom were talking about something and that's when I told her I didn't love her as a friend but that I was in love with her." I say with a smile remembering how much I realized I love the woman I now call my wife. "Do you want to know what she said when I told her I love her?" I ask. "Yes please." Maya says. "I will never forget those words, she said. 'I have been in love with you since the day I met you.' That's what she said." I smile. "And I love you more everyday." Louri says. "What about me?" Maya asks. "I love you too and I always will." Louri says. "Same for me I love you and your siblings and Mama so much." I say kissing Maya's cheek. "I love you guys too. I have the best Moms." She says. "Well I'm glad you think so." Louri says.

A/N

Awe fluff. The fluff train will continue. Anygays see you in the next one.