Chapter #3

Chapter #3
Mar 10th 2022
Scarlett’s POV
⚠️Mentions of violence⚠️
I sit in the hallway right by the door to Louri’s room. I hear Chris start to talk to Louri. “Lor I’m not going to ask for any details but why won’t you let Scarlett and the kids in here? I get when you yelped when Devon jumped on your leg but you have never yelled at him or Scarlett the way you did.” Chris says. “I panicked. They would put pictures of Scarlett or Devon or the girls or Thomas in front of me as they beat me. I had a flashback to those beatings when I saw them.Is Scarlett still here or did she go home?” Louri asks. “I think she said she’d be in the hallway.” Greg says. “Do you want her?” I hear Chris ask. “Ok I’ll get her.” Chris says. “Scarlett. Can you join us?” He asks, stepping out of the room. “Yes.” I say standing up and I go back to the chair I was using earlier. I don't reach for her hand. I don't want to give her a panic attack. “I um don’t know what to say.” I say as I fiddle with my fingers. “Is Devon and the others ok?” Louri asks. “He will be. He just doesn’t understand what’s going on. None of them do.” I tell her. “Scarlett? Can I um can I hold your hand?” Louri asks and I nod and hold her unbroken hand. She still doesn’t make eye contact but I don’t blame her after what she’s been through. “You know I would never hurt you. Never.” I tell her and her eyes well up. “I know that. It’s just this part of my mind that is telling me that I should be scared of you. I don’t want to be scared of you. I just want you to hold me and tell me everything will be ok. But I’m nervous. I’m nervous to even ask.” She says. “How about I sit on the bed next to you and then if you get more comfortable then we can try my laying next to you. Not holding you quiet yet until you are comfortable then I will hold you as long as you want me too.” I tell her and she nods so I take a seat on the bed. “Fuck it please hold me.” She says as she begins to sob and I waste no time in wrapping my arms around her. “You, Louri Dollese Evans-Johansson, you are safe with me.” I tell her softly but sternly so she knows she’s safe. “I will take my leave now. Louri you are in good hands.” Greg says getting up and picking up his sleeping daughter and he and Grace say their goodbyes and leave for home I assume. “I’ve got you Baby I’ve got you.” I soothe as she cries in my arms. “I love you.” She says crying. “I love you too Louri so much.” I tell her as I rub her good shoulder.

Chris's POV
"I'm going to head to the house and check on the kiss. I know she's good with you." I tell Scarlett as Louri is now asleep on her chest. "Thank you Chris." She says as she looks up from Louri to me. I drive back to the house where Ma is waiting. “How is she? All I know is she yelled at Devon which she never does.” Ma says. “Ma you might want to sit down.” I tell her and we sit in the living room and I fill her in on everything Greg and Louri had told us. “That’s barbaric. You said she was able to let Scarlett hold her though.” Ma says. “Yeah she fell asleep practically on top of Scar.” I tell her. “The doctor wants Lor to stay for about two weeks.” I tell her and she nods. “You know I am supportive of Louri and her job but my god sometimes I hate it.” Ma says. “I know. But all we can do is be there for her.” I say. “And for Scarlett. I’ll text her and let her know she doesn’t have to worry about the kids and just focus on Louri.” May says and I nod.

Scarlett’s POV
I am just running my hand through Louri’s hair as she sleeps to help keep her asleep when my phone buzzes.
Lisa
Lisa: Hey we’ve got the kids so there's no need to worry. Just focus on Louri for now. Is there anything you need?
Me: No, I have my bag and a bag for Louri. Thank you for taking care of the kids.
Lisa: That’s what family is for no need to thank us.
Me: I will keep you updated on Louri. How is Devon?
Lisa: For a seven year old he’s dealing with this pretty well. Louisa keeps asking for Louri though.
Me: Well Louri is asleep right now. But when she wakes up I will see if she is up for a video call. I don’t think she can handle having them in the room right now.
Lisa: Understandable Chris filled me in on everything.
Me: The nurses just came in to check vitals I’ve got to go.
Lisa: Ok remember we are all here for you two.

“Ma’am I need you to move so I can check on some of the colonel's wounds.” The nurse says and she looks like a raccoon. I guess she’s the one who got her nose broken. “No.” Louri says, clinging to me when I try to get up. “Honey, they have to check your back.” I say. “Then they can move the hospital gown out of the way they open in the back anyway. Please don’t go.” Louri says. “We need to see your whole back Colonel you laying on your side isn’t enough.” The other nurse says. “Fine.” Louri says and lays on top of me like a koala. “Well I guess that works.” The nurse shrugs and unties the back of Louri’s gown. I make sure the blanket is covering her from the waist down. “Ok now we need to check your leg.” The nurse says and goes to remove the blanket but I stop her. “You can lift it from the bottom where the wound is on her calf. Let her have as much privacy as she can.” I say sternly, causing Louri to smile at me. “Thank you Baby.” She whispers in my ear. “Of course.” I tell her and give her a kiss on the head. “Ok we can do that.” The nurse nods. After the nurses finished changing Louri’s bandages, which I could have done, I've done it with her other injuries before. “Can I put on the sweats my wife brought me?” Louri asks. “You can wear the pants but you need to roll up the pant leg so it’s not on your calf. But with the injuries to your back you can’t wear the hoodie.” She tells her. “Thank you.” Louri says. “Are these the ones you brought for her Ma’am?” The raccoon nurse asks, holding up the sweats. “Yes.” I tell her. “Ok Colonel, we will help you get them on.” The raccoon nurse says. “NO! Sorry um no I have Scarlett she can help me.” Louri says. “Ok just hit the nurse call button if you need help with anything.” She says and hands me the sweats. “You really did break her nose. She looks like a raccoon.” I say as I help Louri into her sweats. “I panicked. Thank you for keeping me as covered as you could.” Louri says. “One I know you and you may be dirty minded but you are actually quite modest and two only I get to see that ass.” I smirk causing her to nod and chuckle.

A/N
Slowly but surely Louri is going to get better. Anygays see you in the next one.