Chapter #20

Chapter #20

April 10th 2022

Louri's POV

"Your silence is kinda freaking me out." I say to Scarlett who has just been glaring at me for a good five minutes. "Oh you're freaked out? Really? I mean WHAT THE FUCK!!" She shouts and stands up and starts pacing. "Honey." "DON'T HONEY ME!!! YOU SAID SINCE TWENTY FOURTEEN!!! IT'S FUCKING TWENTY TWENTY TWO!!! WE HAVE KIDS!! IT'S BAD ENOUGH YOU GO AND GET YOURSELF CAPRURED ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW TERRIFYING THAT IS?!! I CAN'T DO THIS!! I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS LOURI!!!" She shouts.

Scarlett's POV

"Do you remember our sixth anniversary?" Louri asks with tears in her eyes. "Of course I do." I tell her I could never forget that's when we had our wedding. Yeah we were married but we didn't have a wedding till our sixth anniversary. "I love how much you truly care for your unit. I am so proud of all the things you've accomplished." She says, quoting some of my vows. "Clearly that was bullshit. Oh how about the "I love and hate how you put your life on the line to keep me safe." Part was that bullshit too?" She continues another quote from my vows. "I remember every word you said when you were saying your vows every single fucking word. Clearly it was.." She's cut off by a very angry Liz bursting open the door. "What the fuck is wrong with you two? Florence called me in a panic because she heard shouting, she took the kids outside so they wouldn't hear you guys." She scolds. "Here if you truly can't handle this anymore you know the code to the safe." Louri says tossing me her zippo lighter. "What the fuck are you suggesting?" I ask on the verge of tears. "I think you know." She says crying. "No I won't do it! I will not burn our marriage certificate!" I say now fully sobbing and she is too. "I'll have Florence take the kids to my place." Liz says, closing the door behind her. "I can't bear watching me be the cause of your pain. The cause of my kids' pain." She sobs. "Then don't fucking suggest that we end our marriage." I sob shoving the lighter in her hand and looking her in the eye. "We always blow up at each other, Scarlett, it's not healthy. I'm not healthy for you." She says, hanging her head. "Don't Louri don't do this please don't. I love you. What I said that day wasn't bullshit. You are right I blow up when I get scared. I'm terrified of losing you. Please Louri say something." I cry. "I love you." She says and walks out the door and I fall to my knees and let everything out.

Louri's POV

Please Louri say something." Scarlett cries. "I love you." I say without looking at her and walk out the door. I hear her let out a scream that tears my heart to shreds. "Are you really ending your marriage?" Liz asks, standing in the living room. "Listen to her. I did that." I say. "Because the woman she loves just left her." Liz says. "No, because of my job." I say. "How fucking stupid are you?" She asks. "Liz, now is not the time I need to pack a bag." I say. "I may not have been there when you signed the papers. But I was there standing next to her on your sixth anniversary. You vowed to be there through better or for worse. Guess what dumbass this is the hard part. Go back in there and hold her and apologize for walking out. For fucks sake she the mother of your children." She says. "I am a dumbass fuck." I say and spin on my heel and drop my crutch and run into the room. "Elizabeth, I've lost everything!" She sobs. I don't say anything, I just engulf her in a hug. "LIZ LET ME GO!" She sobs. "It's not Liz, it's me." I say. "Louri. God please never do that again." She sobs holding onto me for dear life. "I won't, I am sorry. When you screamed I thought it was because of the pain my job has caused. I'm sorry for being a stubborn ass Marine" I tell her. "You're my stubborn ass Marine. Do you understand? You are my Marine, your my Louri." She says cupping my face. "Always and forever yours." I say leaning my forehead against hers. "I think we should try counseling." I say. "YOU FUCKING THINK!" Liz yells from the doorway. "Thank you Liz. Thank you for yelling at me." I am genuinely happy she did. "How else was I supposed to get through your thick ass skull?" She says making Scarlett chuckle. "I do agree Louri we should try counseling." Scarlett says. "They provide couples counselors that are trained for military couples." I tell her. "Will you set up an appointment?" She asks. "Yes, she will, won't you." Liz says in a threatening tone. "Yes I will, Jesus don't look at me like that." I am now terrified of our best friend.

A/N

That was a hard one to write. I cried. I am still crying. Anygays see you in the next one.