Chapter #22

Chapter #22

April 12th 2022

Scarlett's POV

"Louri, wake up, it's two in the morning." I say gently rubbing her shoulder. "Mmm seven years today at this time I woke up to you telling me your water broke damn I was a panicked mess." Louri chuckles, pulling me into her arms. "Yeah when we got to the hospital you were carrying me and screamed and I quote "MAKE WAY PREGNANT LADY IN LABOR COMING THROUGH MAKE A HOLE PEOPLE!!" If I wasn't in pain from contractions I would have burst out laughing." I say with a laugh. "Hey I was new to the whole having a baby thing." She defends. "So was I." I tell her. "True. You did all the hard work and all I did was panic." She says. "That's not true. You comforted me. You made sure I was ok. You let me nearly break your hand when I squeezed it so hard during contractions." I say and she bursts out laughing at the last part. "I really should have taken off my ring." She says looking at the small scar that her ring made on her middle finger. "You know how I say I hate my scars." She says. "Yeah. I think they are beautiful." I tell her. "I don't hate them all." She says. "Because this scar, right here." She says lifting her hand showing the scar from her ring. "Reminds me of one of the best days of my life and for that I love it." She says choking up. "Mommy? Mama? Are you up?" Devon asks, opening our bedroom door. "Yeah buddy is everything ok?" Louri asks. "It's Devon day." He cheers. "Yes it is. But keep it down your siblings are still asleep." I say. "Oh right. Can I join you guys? It's boring in my room." He says. "Sure come her Angel." I say and he crawls into bed in between Louri and I. "Little Marine, you know how I don't talk about the scars on my skin?" Louri says. "Yeah but Mommy says they make you stronger." He says. "Well your Mommy is very smart. But I want to tell you the story of this small one on my finger." Louri says. "Really? You never talk about your scars." He says. "Yeah I know but this one is very special." She says. "It is?" He asks. "Yes it is. Do you remember me taking my ring off when your sisters were born and when your brother was born?" She asks. "I think so." He nods. "Well I didn't do that when you were born and this scar was made by my ring. You see when your Mommy had you and your siblings she had these things called contractions it helps get the baby to be born." She says in a way he will understand. "Well I held your Mommy's hand and told her to squeeze it as hard as she needed because contractions can hurt. And she did just that and my ring cut my finger and because of that I love this scar. Because every time I see it I am reminded of the day when this amazing, sweet, kind, little Marine that I love so much was born. So it is my favorite scar." she says. "That's me." He says. "Yes it is." Louri says. "I thought Mommy was your favorite scar. You call her that all the time." He says. "Well Scar is a nickname I call your Mommy." She says and he gives me a weird look. "But she doesn't have scars." He says. "Angel, do you know what my name is?" I ask genuinely curious. "It's Mommy." He says. "Well to you and your siblings yes but my given name is Scarlett." I tell him. "Mama did you know this?" Devon asks, shocked. "I did." She says. "I have to tell Grandma." He says and runs out of the room. "No Angel, she's sleeping." I say. "But she needs to know this is very important, Mommy." He says. "We should probably follow him." Louri says and I nod and we follow him to the guest room down the hall. "Grandma, you have to wake up. It's an emergency." Devon says, shaking my mother. "What, what's wrong?" Mom shoots up panicked. "Did you know Mommy's name is Scarlett." He says looking her in the eye and Louri and I chuckle quietly. "I did sweetie. I named her." Mom says, trying not to laugh. "You did? Why?" He asks. "Because I'm her mom." She says. "Oh right." He nods. "You picked a pretty name, Grandma." He says. "Does Mama have a name I don't know about?" He asks. "It's Louri." Louri speaks up as we go and sit on the bed. "Whoa." Devon says. "Grandma did you name Mama too?" He asks. "No, her Mommy did." She says. "The lady who was mean to Mommy I don't like her." He says shit I thought the kids didn't know what Lisa did. "Mommy?" He asks. "Yes Angel." I say. "Do you have a middle name like me?" He asks. "I do. It's Ingrid." I say and he looks at Louri. "Do you have one too?" He asks her. "It's Dollese." Louri says. "Wow. You have really pretty names." He says. "Thank you." Louri says. "So you think I did good picking your Mommy's name?" Mom asks. "Yes I approve." He says. "I do too." I hear Dad say how does he just pop out of nowhere? "Pop Pop!" Devon cheers and runs to him. "Happy birthday. I brought you something." He says and hands him a smaller box of chocolates. "Wow they are just like the ones you get Mommy." He is excited. "Dad, how'd you get in?" I ask. "She gave me a key a long time ago." He says pointing to Louri. "Louri, can we talk?" He asks. "Devon, let's go get you some chocolate milk." Mom says, taking him out of the room. "Be nice, Karsten, they are working through it." I hear mom warn as she leaves with Devon. "Scarlett told me what happened. Louri, I would like to think I know you pretty well, and I know that you're beating yourself up about what happened." He says and she did admit to that during our session. "And I am telling you that you can't always carry the world on your shoulders no matter how hard you try. Louri just let go of some of it and I am always willing to talk. Am I happy that you and Scarlett got into a fight that sever fuck no. But I care about you too. So I will tell you the same thing I told Scarlett. Hold onto each other and just be honest with each other even if you think they don't want to hear it. I love you both very much. I will admit I am more partial to Scarlett though," He says placing a hand on each of our shoulders. "Ok I didn't expect that. I expected you to threaten me or something." Louri laughs. "We all know that wouldn't work. You already know I really am a giant teddy bear." He says and we all laugh. "That is very true." I say. "Oh and here Scarlett I didn't forget about you." Dad says handing me a box of my favorite chocolates that he always brings when he comes. "I don't know why but Grandma said to see if Mama needed saving." Devon says. "Thank you little Marine but Mama is all good." Louri says. "Ok bye Grandma is making me a bowl of ice cream oh I wasn't supposed to tell you that." He says and darts out of the room. "He would be a horrible criminal." Dad says. "He'd go to the police and say oh hi I'm the one who robbed the bank sorry." Louri says. "He totally would." Dad laughs. "Remind me never to leave you two alone together." I laugh. "Why he is a great prank buddy?" Louri says with a pout. "Yeah Louri has the best pranks." Dad pouts as well. "Oh my god you are children." I say to the pair and they just grin and nod.

A/N

Aww Devon you sweet child. Anygays see you in the next one.