Chapter #33

Chapter #33

April 21st 2022

Louri's POV

It's a beautiful day and Lizzie out did herself with the snacks. There were a few paps but the second I said my kids are with us they left. I guess they're not all bad. "PAPA SHERMAN!!!! MAMA MILDRED!!! Devon growls like my sweet demon child that he is. "How did you know we were here?" I ask. "You tortured my sweet daughter in law, you know she doesn't like watching her movies." Papa scolds. "The kids wanted to watch their mom and aunt and I can't say no." I say. "Scarlett, Lizzie you poor girls I apologize for our daughter." Mama says hugging Scarlett and Lizzie. "Oooo food." Papa says. "Sherman T. Potter ask before you take their food." Mama scolds. "Dude she fully named you." I say and he starts to poke me. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Looking for the mute button." He smirks. "Run old man." I say and we run around like children. "Devon, Maya, Louisa save papa!" He says and I am soon tackled by my children dramatically falling. "We got her Papa!" Devon cheers and I see Scarlett, Lizzie, and Mama just laughing their asses off. "Lunch time kids!" Scarlett calls out. "Come on papa she means us too." I say. "I figured." He laughs.

Scarlett's POV

"Hey Devon, did your Mama teach you the Marine Hymn?" Papa Sherman asks. "What's that?" Devon asks. "You didn't teach your little Marine the hymn?" Papa Sherman asks. "No. Devon, do you want to know it?" Louri asked. "Yes please." He says. "Papa, will you join me?" Louri asks. "I'll start us off." Papa Sherman says. "Wait, can I record you?" I ask. "Of course." He says and Louri nods so I pull out my phone and hit record and he starts to sing.

[Sherman]

"From the Halls of Montezuma"

"To the shores of Tripoli;​"

"We fight our country's battles"

"In the air, on land, and sea;​"

"First to fight for right and freedom"

"And to keep our honor clean;​"

"We are proud to claim the title"

"Of United States Marine.​"

[Louri]

"Our flag's unfurled to every breeze"

"From dawn to setting sun;​"

"We have fought in ev'ry clime and place"

"Where we could take a gun;​"

"In the snow of far-off Northern lands"

"And in sunny tropic scenes;​"

"You will find us always on the job"

"The United States Marines."​

[Sherman & Louri]

"Here's health to you and to our Corps"

"Which we are proud to serve;​"

"In many a strife we've fought for life"

"And never lost our nerve;​"

"If the Army and the Navy"

"Ever look on Heaven's scenes;​"

"They will find the streets are guarded"

"By United States Marines!"​

"Whoooo! That was great!" I cheer as everyone claps. "You two haven't sung that together in years." Mama Mildred says. "Does my voice still woo you dear?" Papa Sherman says. "You always woo me." She says kissing his cheek. "Ew nasty." Louri whines and Mama Mildren grins and starts to pepper Louri's face with kisses and I make sure to get it on video. "Mama stop." Louri whines. "You kiss your wife in front of us. I can kiss your father in front of you." She says. "Yes Mama." She says. "Shit." I hear Papa Sherman say. "What?" I ask. "I'll take care of them." Mama Mildred says going mama bear that's when we see what she's looking at the paps I thought they left. "Kids behind your Moms and Aunt." Papa Sherman says. "HAVE SOME DAMN RESPECT!! MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER ARE MARINES!!! THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO HAVE A DAY WITH THEIR FAMILY!! OH YOU WANT A PICTURE HERE TAKE THIS BITCH!!" Mama Mildred says making a very obscene gesture. "Mildred calm down sweetie." Papa Sherman says once she scared the paps away. "Sorry for my outburst. Did I scare the littles?" Mama Mildred says. "That was awesome." I say I have wanted to do something like that to paparazzi for years but can't because it could affect my job and I enjoy being able to feed my kids. "Tank you!" Louisa says hugging Mama Mildreds legs. "You protect us like Mommy and Mama." She says. "And I always will. My yelling didn't scare you, did it?" Mama Mildred asks. "No, you protect." Louisa says and Mildred sits so she can sit next to Louisa. "Louri, what's?" Mildred doesn't get anything else out before she's engulfed in a hug. "Lisa has never done anything like that for us." Louri says. "Well dear frankly I've never liked your mother." Mama Mildred says. "Screw her, you are my Mama." Louri says. "I love you sweetie." Mama Mildred says with tears in her eyes Louri normally adds Mildred to her name when talking to her. This is the first time Louri has point blank said Mildred is her Mama. "I love you too Mama." Louri says. "Is Mama ok?" Devon asks. "Yes angel, she's just really happy." I tell him and he nods.

A/N

Fluff and Mama Bear Mildred. Anygays see you in the next one.