Chapter #14

Chapter #14
April 9th 2022
Louri’s POV
I am finally getting out of this goddamn hospital and just three days before Devon’s birthday, which I am very happy about. I am still kinda beating myself up for missing and forgetting the twins' birthday. So tomorrow we are having our family zoo day. I made sure to ask the doctor if I could do it and he said as long as I use a wheelchair or one of those zoo golf carts and my crutches I can do it. I absolutely hate using a wheelchair but it’s for my little girls so I will suck it up and use the wheelchair. “Ok baby are you ready to get home?” Scarlett asks me. “Most definitely, I want to snuggle with my family in my own home.” I say with a smile. “Ok then let’s get out of here.” She says holding both our bags and I get in the wheelchair since there is no point in fighting with them. As I am being pushed into the hallway, Nurse Harvey comes out from behind the nursing station and stops in front of me. “Finally getting rid of you,” she says jokingly. “Yes, finally, no offense but I’m done with this place,” I tell her honestly. “No offense taken, please take it easy, I don’t want to see you back in here,” she says and gives my hand a squeeze. “Will do, thank you Nurse Harvey for everything,” I say and she smiles at me and Scarlett. “You’re welcome, go home to your family,” she says and walks back to the nursing station. Once outside I see that Chris is picking us up. “Hey sis, glad you’re coming home,” he says, opening the door to the Escalade for me. “Hey Chris, me too, thanks for picking us up,” I tell him, while slowly getting up from the wheelchair and he helps me into the back so I can sit with Scarlett. He then rounds the car and opens the door for Scarlett after taking the bags from her. “Thanks Chris,” she says and gets in and immediately grabs my hand. Chris closes the door and gets in front and starts driving us home.

Scarlett’s POV
I was nervous that Chris was picking us up, hoping he wouldn’t bring up Lisa, but so far he hasn’t said anything, which I am grateful for. Louri has leaned her head against my shoulder and closed her eyes, I know she is still exhausted and she will probably try and say she isn’t but I know she is and I am hoping I can convince her to rest as much as possible once we get home. Especially if she wants to go to the Zoo tomorrow with the kids. I texted Lizzie and she said she would come with us so that way she can help out with watching the kids so it’s not all on us. I thought about inviting Chris but I will have to talk to Louri and see how she feels about it. We arrive at the house and I gently wake Louri up. She realizes we are at home and has a big smile on her face. Chris is quick to get out and opens the door for me and runs to the other side to help Louri out. He passes her her crutches and doesn’t rush her to go inside. He stands behind her as a spotter in case she loses balance. I am quick to unlock the front door and open it wide so that Louri can get in. She crutches over to the couch and slowly lowers herself down to sit on it. Chris takes the crutches from her and places them to the side and helps her get comfortable. “Where are the kids?” She asks. “Lizzie has them, we didn’t want them to overwhelm you right away when you got home,” I tell her, making her pout. “I would never be overwhelmed with them,” she says. “I know honey, but you’re just getting home from the hospital and I didn’t want them all running at you at once, Lizzie texted me saying they’ll be home shortly,” I tell her. She nods and leans back against the couch. “Is there anything I can get you?” Chris asks her. “Can you get me a glass of water and a couple extra pillows?” She asks him. He nods quickly and goes off to do the task. She looks up at me from the couch, “well are you just going to stand there or will you be joining me on the couch?” She asks, making me giggle. I move and sit down next to her and snuggle into her side. “Are you mad that the kids aren’t home?” I ask looking up at her. “No Scar, I just miss them that’s all,” she tells me. “They’ll be here in no time,” I tell her. Chris comes back with the glass of water and some pillows. He helps Louri adjust on the couch, placing pillows around her. “Thanks Chris,” she says. “No problem Lor,” he responds.

Louri’s POV
I want to ask Chris how Ma is but I don’t at the same time. She really has dug a deep hole with Scarlett and I. I don’t understand how she could say such hateful things to my wife of all people. While my mind is racing, I hear the front door open and the laughter of our children coming in. “Mama you’re home!” Devon exclaims, rushing over but he slows down once he gets close to me. “Hey little Marine, can I get a hug?” I ask him and he nods hesitantly and comes close to me giving me a small hug. “Hey now you can do better than that, you won’t hurt me I promise,” I tell him and he gives me a bigger hug, wrapping his arms around my neck. “I missed you Mama,” he whispers to me. “I missed you too Little Marine, but I am home now and not going anywhere anytime soon. Other than the zoo tomorrow,” I tell him, making him step back looking at me. “We’re gonna go to the zoo!?” He exclaims. “We sure are buddy,” I tell him and he cheers and runs over to Lizzie to tell her we’re going to the zoo. Maya and Louisa are next to greet me and I hug them both tightly. Oh how much I miss my girls. “Mama are you all better?” Louisa asks looking up at me. “I am feeling better but I still need to heal more,” I tell her. She nods and leans against me and Maya leans against my other side. Lizzie walks over with Thomas and I smile at him. How does it seem like he’s gotten so big and I saw him a few days ago. She places him in my arms and I look down at him smiling widely as he just stares into my eyes. “How’s my little snuggle bug?” I cooed at him, making him smile at me. This is all I could ever ask for is being at home with my family snuggled with me and I am finally starting to feel the love and not being terrified of them anymore.

A/N: Hey everybody Chris here, sorry it took me sometime to write a chapter. Had some writers block. But hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you all in the next one