Chapter #45

Chapter #45
May 5, 2022
Louri’s POV
While Bri is sitting with Maya, I pull Scarlett into my lap and hold her close to me. “What’s this for?” She asks, looking at me with her beautiful smile. “I just wanted to hold you close, you always ground me and make me feel calm,” I whisper to her, not wanting to disrupt their moment. “Well I feel the same about you,” Scarlett says and leans forward to give me a small kiss on the lips and buries her head into my neck while I hold her. We hear a click and look to see Shanna taking a picture on her phone and smirking. I roll my eyes at her and shake my head. “I hope that we can bring Maya home soon, I don’t want us to be holed up in here much longer,” I say. “I agree, hopefully the doctor will be in this afternoon with an update,” Scarlett says.
We sat for a bit just enjoying being in each other's arms. I hear my phone vibrate on the side table, Scarlett grabs it and hands it to me.

Flag Boi🇺🇸: I have a surprise for Maya
Better Evans: Should we be concerned?
Flag Boi🇺🇸: just wait and see

I huff and put the phone down. “What was that about?” Scarlett asks. “My brother says he has a surprise for Maya,” I tell her. “Oh lord what is he up to?” She asks and I just shrug my shoulders. A few minutes later, Chris walks in wearing his Captain America uniform and holding his shield.

Chris’s POV
When I found out that I wasn’t Maya’s favorite Avenger, I was sad. But I can’t be mad, Captain Marvel is pretty badass. I figured since my niece is in the hospital, I want to be able to bring some joy to her, hopefully she’ll be happy seeing a fellow Avenger. I text my sister letting her know I have a surprise for Maya but not telling her what it is. I drive to the hospital and go through the private entrance with my bag, I show security and explain what I want to do and they allow me through. I go into one of the bathrooms and change into my Captain America uniform and grab the shield, ah still fits perfectly I think to myself. I head over to Maya’s room and knock quietly and walk in. “I heard there is a little girl in distress” I say and wave my shield. “Uncle Chris, you silly,” Maya says and giggles. “Whaat, not silly, I’m Captain America,” I boom slightly and straighten my posture. She giggles some more and smiles. I walk to her bedside and place the shield on the bed, Maya leans forever and touches it. “So cool,” she says, making me smile. Scarlett stands up from my sister’s lap, making her pout but she goes to take a picture of Bri, Maya and I. “Thanks for doing this,” Scarlett whispers, pulling me into a hug. “Of course, anything for my niece,” I say, hugging her back. I walk over to Louri and hug her as well. “Why do you have your name as Better Evans in our texts?” I ask her. “Because we know I’m the better one out of the 3 of us,” Louri says. “Uh excuse you rude,” Shanna says, making the three of us laugh.

Melanie’s POV
I wake up from my nap to see Bri and Chris dressed in their Avengers costumes. “What did I miss?” I ask. “Grandma Mel! Captain Marvel and Captain America came to visit me!” Maya says excitedly. “I see, isn’t that nice of them,” I say smiling and pushing her hair out of her face. “Why don’t I order us some lunch?” I ask. “You don’t have to do that Mom,” Scarlett says. “Please, I insist, plus I need to move around, I feel all stiff,” I say, while stretching. “How does burgers and fries sound?” I ask. “Yes please and chicky nuggies too!” Maya exclaims, making us all laugh. “You got it sweetheart,” I say while placing a kiss on her forehead. I move to give Scarlett a kiss on the forehead too and squeeze Louri’s hand and walk out of the room to get the food.

A/N: Hey everybody Chris here, hope you enjoyed this short chapter. I’ll see you all in the next one😊