Chapter #40

Chapter #40

May 2nd 2022

Scarlett's POV

"Iwchy." Maya whines about her stitches. "I know they're itchy Sweetheart but you need them to heal ok." I tell her quietly trying not to wake mama bear marine. "Otay. Can we call my hewro?" Maya asks, talking about Robbie. "No need, I'm here with food. And both of your Grandmas." Sherman says I can tell he's trying not to cry seeing Maya in the hospital. My mom and Mama Mildred are with him. "Gwandpa!! Gwammy!! Gwandma" Maya yells happily which wakes Mama bear marine, yes that's what I've been calling her. "Hey Papa." Louri says tiredly. "Hey you look tired." He says. "Oh thanks Pa." Louri says sarcastically. "You know what I meant hun. When did you get to sleep last night?" He asks. "Two hours ago." She says. "Dear lord, she takes after you Mildred dear." He says and she just rolls her eyes. "I see nothing wrong with that." Mildred says giving Louri a hug. "Why you not sleep?" Maya asks. "I was watching over you. Just had to make sure you were ok. It's a mom thing." Louri says. "Otay." She says clearly a little tired her body does need a lot of rest to heal. "Go to sleep sweetie Grandpa and I will be here when you wake." Mildred says seeing how tired Maya is. She kept waking up last night according to Louri. Maya is quick to fall asleep and I notice Sherman has his duffle bag with him and he pulls out a cot and sets it up. It's similar to the ones she sleeps on during deployment. "Get some sleep, that's an order." He tells Louri. "Yes sir." She says and places a kiss on Maya's head before laying down on the cot and is asleep before her head hits the small pillow attached to the cot. "I had a feeling she didn't sleep much last night." He says as he takes a seat in the chair Louri was in. "And you were right. She only agreed to sleep after I woke up." I tell him. "Now you said you brought food?" I ask and Mildred grabs the food she set on the table and hands me my food and Sherman his and we all eat in silence. I'm pretty sure they can feel the worry radiating off my body. "She'll be ok Scarlett." Sherman says. "I know but I can't help but worry she's my little girl." I say trying not to break down again. "It's ok to cry dear." Mildred says. "I don't want to wake them. Besides, I've cried so much I don't think I have any left." I half heartedly chuckle.

Louri's POV

I don't know how long I was asleep but it was definitely long enough for me to feel rested. Though when I wake up it's because of shouting. "YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!!" I hear Ma shout. "OH SHUT UP YOU AREN'T HER MOTHER!! AND YOU AREN'T MAYA GRANDMOTHER!!" I hear Lisa yell fuck why is she here. I notice Scarlett trying her best to help Maya not completely freak out but I see the look in Maya's eyes. Something inside me snaps and I jump up and slam the door to Maya's room shut behind me. "GET THE FUCK OUT!!! DO NOT DISRESPECT MY MOTHER!!!" I scream at Lisa. "I am your Mother!" She shouts. "Biologically yes you are. But that's it! You have scared my daughter who is lying in a hospital bed with stitches almost down her entire leg, a broken arm and had to have surgery. She's been through enough! You scare her Lisa! You have said horrible things about her mother in front of her and her siblings!! For fucks sake you let my son take an uber to the hospital in the middle of the night ALONE!!! Who even told you about the accident?" I rant. "It's all over the news about the lead singer of Milo Green getting in an accident with his niece in the car. I know Lizzie doesn't have any nieces other than my granddaughters." She says. "They! Are! Not! Your! Grandkids!" I yell. "Now get out before I have the unit of Marines sitting over there take you out of here." I growl. "You would never." She says shocked. "4077TH!!" I call and they all get into work/marine mode and come over to us. "Escort Mrs. Evans out of the building and make sure she can't get back in. Now!" I order and they do as they are told. "Ma are you ok?" I ask to make sure the woman I see as my true mom is ok. "You didn't have to do that." She says as we embrace in a tight hug. "I heard yelling and saw Maya was scared and then I couldn't let what she said to you slide." I tell her. "You may not be my biological mom but you are my ma just like doofus is my papa." I say nodding to Papa. "I'm not a doofus." He says and Ma just gives him a look. "Ok maybe sometimes I am." He chuckles. "Come on, let's make sure my grandbaby is ok." Ma says and I nod and we head into her room and see her curled up into Scarlett crying. "Hey it's ok she's gone. Oh sweetie, it's ok." I say trying to comfort her as I run my hand through her hair. "I don't wike her she's mean to Mommy." Maya says god I wish they didn't know she's four she shouldn't have to worry about these things. "Sweetheart, you don't need to worry about me. Your Mama always has my back. I'm ok." Scarlett says and Maya seems to be calming down. I lay down on the small amount of space left on Maya's bed so I can be close to her knowing that makes her feel better. "I still can't believe you had her escorted out by the 4077th." Papa says. "You had her escorted out?" Scarlett asks clearly she didn't hear that since the door was closed. "I'm sick of her and all the things she's said and done. I just want her to stay away from us, from you." I tell Scarlett and she nods her head with a faint smile.

A/N

Damn Lisa fuck off. Anygays see you in the next one.