Chapter #19

Chapter #19

April 10th 2022

Scarlett's POV

Chis decided on taking Lisa to his house to pack and Louri and I thanked the zoo's manager profusely for their help with the kids. Did I write a check for the zoo yes yes I did. They helped my babies. Walter took Stephine and Laura home since they were pretty shaken up; they have never been told what to expect if people with cameras show up. Unfortunately this isn't the first time the paparazzi have gotten pictures of Devon. It's the first time they got pictures of the twins though. I am going to call Tina on the way home and hope that we can stop them from being released. "Louri you ok you are a little flushed." I ask. "Yeah I'm fine." She says as we leave the office. "Maybe you should sit for a second." I say. "You're such a mom." She says in the Yelena voice sitting down after I give her the glare. "That's my line!" I hear a familiar British voice call out. "Flo, what are you doing here?" Louri asks. "I was in town and I saw the pictures of the kids and I came to kick ass black widow style." She says doing a playful karate chop. "Auntie Flo!!" Maya cheers running from Lizzie and to Florence making Lizzie pout. "Well Louisa it's just me, you, and Devon." Liz says. "I've got you Auntie." Louisa says, hugging Lizzie's leg. "Wait, the pictures have already gotten out?" I ask angrily, as I am holding Thomas. "Yeah Liz looks like she's about to throw hands in some of them." Florence says pulling out her phone and showing me some of the pictures. "They didn't blur out the kids' faces." I say and Louri goes even more pale. "And I was going to throw hands if the security hadn't gotten there when they did." Liz says. "Oh fuck did they get any pictures of Walter or his girlfriend and girlfriends daughter too?" Louri asks, trying to hide her panic. "Uh no not that I saw they were more focused on Liz and the kids." Florence says. "Good. It's bad enough that Scarlett has a target on her back." Louri says um what I wasn't aware of this. "Walter doesn't need the kind of stress of worrying about that. I have to call the general." Louri adds and gets up and immediately loses her balance but thankfully Florence catches her. "Louri sit back down now." I say. "I'm fine, I just lost my balance. I need to call the general and I'd rather the kids not hear what I have to talk to him about." She says. "Wow you weren't kidding when you said she's stubborn." Florence says and helps me get Louri to sit back down. "I'm not stubborn." Louri says. "Mama, you said it's not ok to lie." Devon says, calling her out. "Did a six year old just scold me?" She chuckles. "Yes he did." Lizzie laughs and high fives Devon.

Louri's POV

"Ok Liz, Flo can you get the kids in the car here are the keys." Scarlett asks our friends. "Yeah no problem. Plus I get to spend time with the little guy here for the first time." Florence says. "Ok kids lets go." Liz says. After they are gone Scarlett glares at me before speaking. "So when the fuck were you going to tell me I have a target on my back Louri?" She asks. "Babe, do you not remember the threats you got when we got married?" I ask. "I thought that was taken care of! You are telling me that I have just been walking around with a target on my back since twenty fourteen?" She says angry. "I thought you knew." I say. "No Louri I didn't fucking know!" She shouts. "Come on, we need to get the kids home and then call the doctor." She says coldly and sternly fuck she's mad. She helps me up and we make our way to the car where we see Lizzie and Flo waiting outside the car. "Louri what did you do?" Liz asks when she sees Scarlett's expression. "I fucked up." I say as Scarlett helps me into the car. "You could say that again." Scarlett says. "Florence, did you drive here?" Scarlett asks. "No, I took an Uber. Robbie is on his way and I was just going to order another Uber." She says. "You can join us. I need someone to watch the kids for a bit. Louri and I have to have a talk and call her doctor." Scarlett says. "Thank you, that's very kind and I love spending time with the little ones." Flo says so she gets in the back seat and we wait for Robbie to come get Liz before leaving. The drive home Scarlett was silent. "We will be in the office if you need us just knock before you enter." Scarlett tells Flo and she nods then Scarlett and I go to the office. "I swear I thought you knew." I tell her. "I don't want to hear it right now. I'm calling your doctor to see if you have to go to the hospital." She says. "I will call the General while you do." I say getting a nod in reply. "General it's Lt. Colonel Evans." I say when he picks up. "I figured you'd be calling. We are already taking measures to get the photos out of public view and to ensure your family's safety." He says. "Thank you sir." I say. "Of course. Like I've said before, your wife scares me." He chuckles. "Yeah she is a force." I say. "That's very true. Now go spend time with your family. I'm sure the kids are shaken up." He says. "Yeah a little. I will talk to you later sir." I say and he says goodbye and hangs up. "Ok thank you Doctor I will make sure she rests. Thank you, have a good day." I hear Scarlett say as she finishes up her call with the doctor. "We have to talk." She says sitting on the opposite side of the couch I have in here.

A/N

Looks like Louri may be in trouble. Anygays see you in the next one.