0.17

"Did you hear?"

"Hear what?"

"About that kid who got picked on today at school?"

"No? I was in English at break and lunch because I didn't complete the homework. I had to go do it."

"Well this kid, two years below us got beat up."

"Why? Did anyone help him?"

"Teachers ran up to him, and pulled the guy off. It was a mess. Blood was everywhere."

"Why did he get beat up?"

"He came out yesterday, everyone in school found out."

"What do you mean by came out?"

"He is gay."

"Wait, you are telling me he got beat up for being gay? That is ridiculous!"

"That is what I thought, being gay doesn't mean someone should get beat up."

"You seem upset by this, I thought Christians hate gays?"

"I don't hate anyone and I also don't hate gays. I am not homophobic, if that is what you are implying."

"You don't hate homosexuals?"

"No, I don't hate them at all. That is the thing, just because I am a Christian doesn't mean I am automatically homophobic. He shouldn't of got beat up, that was just cruel and not needed."

"You really are upset by this aren't you?"

"Yes because it just shows how some people in our school are. I don't like it one bit."

"You have to understand, that is just one person out of the masses. There will always be that minority that will just hate for no reason."

"You are right, I do hope the kid is okay though."

"Was it that bad?"

"Yes, it was horrible."

"What did everyone else do?"

"Shout and threaten the guy who was beating up the little kid, that somewhat made me feel slightly better."

"See?"

"See what?"

"Others people didn't want to see that kid get beat up. So don't let one idiot guy bring you down."

"Hold up, are you being nice to me? Dare I say it, are you trying to cheer me up?"

"That is absurd, I am not. I am just saying."

"Admit it, you were trying to cheer me up."

"No."

"Come on! Just saying it."

"Fine, I don't like you."

C a l l - e n d e d