0.20

Sairah is sitting on the swings near her house, John sits on the swings besides her, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Leave me alone."

"Wow, got to love that view."

"What view?"

"Look, the sun rise."

He pointed at the sun rise, the heel of his feet were lightly pushing him back on the swing.

"Look at how it is rising, doesn't it look beautiful Sairah?"

"Even with everything that is happening, the Earth doesn't stop moving."

"And we don't stop breathing."

"He apologised."

"I heard."

"You are a stalker."

"I can't help what I hear, the guest room in your house isn't far from the kitchen."

"I ran away though, I ran away from him."

"Why did you run?"

"I wanted him to say that for so long, for so many years I have wanted him to apologise and now he has finally said it."

"Is it not enough?"

Abruptly she stared at him, eyes wide, he didn't say it in a rude manner. It was a simple question but she was still a taken back a bit. John was still looking at the sun rise, oblivious to her turmoil emotions.

"I felt scared, it wasn't because it wasn't enough. Before, I thought, if he said sorry then everything would go back to how it was, I would be who I was before, but nothing has changed. I am still me, the girl who lost her mother, the girl who was raped-"

"Forget who you are, just for a today, forget what has happened and what is happening. Forget it, today you are Sairah. Just Sairah. Just for today."

"What?"

Jumping off the swing, John turned to her but still kept his distance. She raised an eyebrow, a smile threatened to show.

"Hi, my names John. I've seen you around school, want to get some ice cream?"

"Seriously?"

He cheekily smiled, his eyes begged her to play along.

"Hi John, my names just Sairah. I would love some ice cream."