0.25

[Sairah's father will be in bold]

"John-"

"Wait, before you shout, yell, kick me out. I will only leave when Sairah explicitly tells me to leave, your words mean nothing to me. Sairah needs me and I am here."

"Well-"

"I know, I know I shouted at you in the hospital when Sairah was in a coma but you have to understand, my intentions were never to hurt you, offend you, but for me to make you realise that your daughter is suffering physically and mentally."

"Oh-"

"Did you even realise how she lost weight? Drastically? That the weight she is now is unhealthy, she is literally a stick. The light breeze can blow her away. Did you not realise that or were you too busy avoiding her?"

"Listen-"

"No, you listen, if you are here to shout at me, go right ahead and shout but nothing you say will ever hold any value to me. The sexual assault was not your fault, it was my fathers and I apologise for that. I am sorry that my, no, he did that to her, I am sorry that your daughter is suffering because of him. But, you are the one that left her behind, broken, bruised, scared, just skin and bone. You left her to pick up the pieces, you didn't break her, my father broke her but you destroyed her by leaving her."

"I know."

"Deny it all you, wait, what?"

"I tried to say sorry John, I am trying to make up for it but she keeps walking away."

"Isn't that like how you walked away from her? She is only doing what you did."

"I walked away because I was ashamed."

"Ashamed of her?"

"No, ashamed of myself. Ashamed of how I wasn't there, how I didn't stop my wife from dying and her from suffering. I am ashamed for trying to push the blame away. I am ashamed that I let her down, if my wife was alive, she would have slapped me."

Just like that, the old man burst into tears, uncontrollable flood of tears, he finally broke free what he kept and concealed for so long. The guilt, the guilt he shunned from feeling, the raw pain that he locked away, the memory of his wife death, the betrayal of his son leaving and the sheer agony of his daughter being raped. All his emotions were open for the world to see and John didn't walk away but went to wrap his arms tightly around him, the old man cried onto his shoulder and held on tight.

Please note:

This chapter may be short, but it was emotional for me to write. Currently, I am going through some rough times but I am determined to remain positive. Please check out 'It's not stalking'

Contact me by:

Ask.fm: LockAnKey