0.23

Sairah and John were both at home, but sitting at opposite ends of the sofa. Sairah was wrapped tight in two layers of blankets and John was only wrapped up in one, with a hot chocolate in his hand.

"Sairah?"

She could hardly open her eyes, every so often her eyes would doze off but John didn't seem to notice.

"Hmm?"

"I've been wanting to say this for a while now."

"Huh?"

Her eyes were becoming heavy, a yawn threatened to escape but she forced herself to stay away.

"Well the thing is Sairah-"

He began to cough, rather awkwardly, if she wasn't so tired, she would have laughed but she couldn't even smile.

"The thing is Sairah, I really-"

The yawn that she tried so hard to keep in, escaped, it was a rather loud and long yawn that interrupted what he had to say. 

"Sairah go to bed."

"No, too far."

"Go to sleep."

"You wanted to say something?"

"It isn't important."

Before she drifted off to nothingness, she heard his light muttering of a string of curse words and she couldn't help but grin.

After a few minutes of silence, all that could be heard was Sairah's steady breathing and John's nervous rattle of his heart. He leaned in close, careful not to touch her, afraid that he would wake her.

"You are probably sleeping now, but what I wanted to tell you was; I really like you Sairah, not as a friend or sister, not like that. I like you."

With that John leaned back onto his side; pulled the blanket closer, covering his arms, he drifted off to a deep sleep while Sairah lied wide awake, she heard every word.

Please note
Sorry for the delayed post, thank you for reading!

Snapchat: Naaaaassss

[five A's and four S']

Ask: LockAnKey