0.39

Thursday 5th November 2015. 1pm, Sairah is sitting on the school field just staring at the cover of The Great Gatsby.

"I really hate this book."

"How did you know I was here?"

"You are blocking the sun so I took a wild guess."

"Why do you hate the book?"

"Gatsby the fool, is in love with Daisy. Does anything for Daisy, why? All she does is hurt him."

"Love does a lot of things, may I sit?"

"No you may-"

"Thanks for the seat."

"Why ask if you will just sit down anyway."

"As I was saying, he is blinded by love. His love is unconditional, you know? The kind of love where he would do or say anything."

"I almost feel jealous of Daisy, she had this freedom to rid her old self. To run away with Gatsby, build a new life with a whole new her. She had a chance to just get away from the past, get away from anything and everything but she chooses to stay. The silly girl chooses to stay with her husband that continuously cheats on her. She chose to stay in a dead-end marriage, full of obligations rather than love."

"Perhaps she was just afraid."

"Afraid of what? Gatsby's touch? Gatsby's love? She doesn't understand what being afraid is, having this constant fear of everyone being a criminal. Being wary of everyone and not trusting anyone. Having that fear of being attacked and not being able to do anything to stop it. Daisy doesn't know what being afraid is."

"Are you scared-"

"I wish I was Daisy. I wouldn't have taken Gatsby hand but I wouldn't of allowed him to take the blame."

"The blame?"

"Daisy ran over her Husband's Mistress by accident, Gatsby got the blame and was murdered. I wouldn't have let that happen."

"What would you have done?"

"Taken the blame."

"You would be murdered then?"

"Wouldn't mind death."

"Death isn't-"

"The answer, I know but it would be nice to just get away."

"Away from what?"

"Myself, away from myself."

"Why do want to get away from yourself?"

"Ask your Dad."

[1] Lovely readers! Thank you for reading, you are all wonderful and I don't deserve this at all but thank you.

[2] So what do you think of this chapter? Leave a comment below! Next chapter will include the top commenter.

Stay lovely