0.21

"John stop it."

"Damn-"

"People are staring."

"Sairah, back at it again with those-"

"Don't you dare-"

"White vans."

"Why did I wear vans today?"

"That, my friend, isn't the question, the question is why did you wear white vans?"

"I was in a rush to get out of the house John, did you not notice?"

"Oh I noticed, your hair is a mess and your face looks extra ugly right now."

"Why am I having ice cream with you again?"

"Because I am paying."

"That is it, I am here with you because of the money."

"Wow, you sound like such a gold digger."

"Who said I wasn't? Bring me the money."

"So, when I become rich would you marry me Sairah?"

"When?"

"Oh, I know I will be rich one day."

"Hmm, well no. I don't think I can stand you enough to marry you."

"If you can't stand me, you can always sit down."

"Please shut up, just shut up."

"Aw is Sairah angry? Little, wittle Sairah is mad?"

"You are so annoying."

A hint of a smile touched his lips, while scooping up his chocolate brownie ice cream, he winked at her. It was quick and barely noticeable, but it was definitely a wink and she noticed.

"Did you just wink at me?"

"Yes problem?"

"Major problem, and are you smiling?"

"Yes is that a problem too? Do I need the Queens approval to smile?"

"Yes, yes you do. Go ask the Queen right now."

John dropped his spoon onto the table, he slowly got out of his seat but Sairah was quick to grab his arm and pull him back onto his chair. 

"What are you doing?"

"Going to ask that old lady, she looks like the queen."

At the other end of the ice cream shop, there was an elderly woman who was reading calmly, she was oblivious of her surroundings.

"Oh dear lord, please stop."

"You said I have to ask."

"I didn't mean it-"

"Oh well I will ask anyway."

He tried to get up but Sairah's hands tightened onto his arm. She was having an internal battle of repulsion and shock, Sairah never really was fond of being close to people, it surprised her how she willingly grabbed onto John, no hesitation.

"Seriously no, you have already embarrassed me enough with the damn Sairah thing."

"Well, you have to do something for me then."

"What? No."

"Alright, let me go ask the queen."

"Fine! What do you want?"

"Let's go watch a movie together."

Abruptly she let him go and distanced herself from him; if he was hurt by her reaction, he didn't show it. John only raised a questioning eyebrow. Sairah, mused silently if he was asking her on a date, she wasn't sure on how to reply so her hands impulsively shoved ice cream in her mouth.

"As friends, of course."

He meant it as reassurance but it only caused more discomfort, she didn't know as to why.

"Sure, lets go."

Please Note:

Hi Lovlies, I created a new book called Stupid & Idiot, please go check it out and give it the love and support this book received!

Stay Lovely,

Locky