0.31

'Both of them are hurting by the same man but in a different way' - @Shanteena [Beautiful comment, comment below your thoughts because I want to read and share them.]

Saturday 24th October 2015. 7am, at the therapist office.

[Pee]

"It has been a whole year."

"A whole year of what?"

"Freedom, he has been in prison for a whole year."

"A whole year?"

"Yes, he finally got caught."

"How?"

"It was a Friday, only six at night. It wasn't late at all but of course my Father wasn't home.

"Breathe Sairah, breathe."

"He usually starts later but that day, he knocked at my door."

"Did you ever not let him in?"

"Twice, both times he punished me. I gave up resisting after that."

"He knocked on your door every night then?"

"Yes, but on that day, he seemed to be upset."

"Angry?"

"Yes, angry and hurt. I didn't know why, I didn't care. I just wanted him to finish."

"What was different about this night? Apart from the times."

"After he..."

"Breathe."

"Finished, he went to go destroy the evidence. But, he never was quick enough because my Father came home."

"He came home early?"

"Yes, I don't know why but he was home early. I remember, hearing him walking up the stairs. Two at a time, I was curled up in a ball and Michael became awfully still. He hadn't cleaned the sheets or thrown away the rubbish."

"Would you like to take a break?"

"No, I can do this. Anyway, Michael was grabbing all the, rubbish, while muttering threats under his breath."

"Then what happened?"

"Dad walked in, I guess he was confused as to where Michael was because he was usually downstairs watching TV. He saw what was in Michaels hands, the used protection, he saw the stained bed sheets and then he saw me, curled into a ball. He put everything together."

"How did he react?"

"He went to grab me but I flinched. I was only wearing my bathrobe. I felt repulsed of my own skin. My dad dragged me downstairs, made me sit down while he spoke to Michael."

"Spoke?"

"By that, I mean beat up. He dragged him out of the house, not allowing him to talk and the neighbours called the police. Michael looked like a mess."

"What happened after?"

"The police, questioned me and my Dad. They took Michael away, and told us they will keep in contact. That is how the investigation started."

"What happened between you and your Dad?"

"He blames me for everything that happened. Can I take a break?"