Randy's Daddy Issues Headcannons

The reason that Randy has so many father figures is because he doesn't have a dad. (I know that Randy says "parents" at multiple points in the show, but he never actively says dad, only mom. With that I believe that either his dad died or left but due to force of habit he still sometimes says parents when referring to his mom.)

Randy's mom is at work most of the time and isn't a physically affectionate person, which caused Randy to be a very physically affectionate person to make up for it. His mom loves Randy but due to her trying to support them both financially her behavior borders on neglectful.

Randy's mom not being home most of the time is what started Randy's love for cooking. It started as just a way to stop himself from surviving only on fast food while his mom was at work to a genuine love for it. And since his mom is almost never home for dinner, he's also in charge of the grocery list. (Randy learned from cooking shows and online tutorials)

Randy does care about his mom. It's definitely a "I just wish you were there" type of relationship but besides that I think she's trying her best.

Randy views strong mentor types as fathers because that's what he thinks a father should be.

I feel like he would get his mentors gifts for Father's Day.

First Ninja would get some cheap chocolates and one of those "#1 Teacher" balloons (Because Randy is dense and doesn't even realize he views First Ninja as a dad).

The Nomicon would get a colorful pack of felt pens (Because what else to you get a magic book?).

And Giyuu would get some homemade mochi (recipe courtesy of Mitsuri; who Randy will meet once I write the Swordsman Village Arc)

(Zenitsu would get Giyuu something as well; probably a few flowers because he doesn't know what to get the Hashira)

(Giyuu is super touched. He even presses Zenitsu's flowers to display them for longer.)