Giyuu's Ninja Name

I think Giyuu should change his in-mask name.

When I first came up with the name I was just wanting to write action and not focused on their names, but now that I think about it, Slayer is a pretty terrible name.

It ties him too close to his identity as a demon slayer which is against Keeping a Secret Identity 101.

Plus, It gets really confusing to write since 'Slayer' and 'slayer' mean two different things in terms of story telling.

So I was thinking it over and I mentioned in a previous headcannon that Giyuu was viewed as a cryptid by lower ranked slayers and nicknamed 'The Shadow Slayer' and in another headcannon Zenitsu knows about the rumors.

So why not have Zenitsu tell Giyuu about the rumors and have Giyuu change his Ninja title to Shadow?

Sure, it reminds me a little bit of a certain hedgehog... but they're both emo so it should be fine! Plus the black and red... I swear this was originally a coincidence.

I feel like Randy would be able to adapt to the new title immediately.

Randy's whole thing is making up nicknames for people. He could easily use a new nickname with no hesitation.

Giyuu would actually struggle a bit at realizing that people are talking to him.

Don't get him wrong Shadow is a much better choice than Slayer and reduces the connection between both identities, but he's been going by Slayer for a few months and it's hard for him to switch so quickly. But I'd figure he'd get used to it and start to use his Art of Stealth a bit more to fit into the theme.

Giyuu prefers his new name so much more and will really lean into the cryptid rumors. (I imagine that Giyuu would've been really into cryptids as a kid and leaning into it will help him heal his inner child.)

The Nomicon will allow it because it is a smart idea and (his favorite human) Zenitsu suggested it and it didn't really like the name Slayer either.

First Ninja is all for it, mostly because First Ninja has got some weird quirks that don't exactly read as normal human which he could totally teach Giyuu to hone in the cryptid vibes.

Plus First Ninja loves bonding with the newer Ninjas and this is his chance to bond with Giyuu.

Zenitsu is very proud at himself for coming up with a much much better name and that Giyuu is actually using it.

Randy loves the new nickname so much. He think it sounds cool and edgy but doesn't really want to change his own. He quite likes Future thank you very much.